Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7167
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!" Previous topic | Next topic
Mr PinkOct-04-03 10:03 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
274 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7273, "RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!"
In response to In response to 10
Oct-04-03 10:04 AM by Mr Pink

Edit - Warning: this is probably pretty uncomprehendible.

Here's my trunk from the back of the car.. simple, yet complex:

I'll attempt to explain. Traced out that cheesy spare tire cover onto a huge piece of plywood. Cut that out. I cut the piece that was just cut out into 3 and put hinges on it so it folds up for easy access to the spare tire well where I put a second battery(your spare will fit instead). I attached 2x4's to the bottom of that part so it was level with the place where the amp was to make it look flat. For the part where the back seat was, I measured out a piece where it slants down, then a piece where your ass went on the back seats then attached those pieces somehow.. I dont remember exaclty how.. I'll look later. I ran the wires up through the center console and out the back, up the slant area under the wood and around to the amp so they are less exposed, do this before you install the platform. Then I carpted with sub box carpet. Here's an attempted diagram:

White lines are where I put the hinges, white dots are where I know it was attached. Make sure your amp and shit is bolted down too, otherwise it likes to slide all over the place.

Tips: don't drink and do this, it will take longer, I put my hinges under the carpet, get piano hinges from Menards/Home Depot/Lowes. Total install time was a long time, but I was creating as I went. If I did it again, it wouldn't take that long. This has gotten me lots of complements at shows and the best thing is, it was pretty cheap and simple. Those are 4 audiobahn 12"s if you were wondering. Sorry for the insanely long post. Good luck with your install.

http://www.kaptainmyke.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I need Ideas for My trunk! [View all] , extreme97nt, Sep-15-03 01:07 PM
  RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, Shockeclipse, Sep-15-03 04:18 PM, #1
RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, mitsuman297, Sep-15-03 06:00 PM, #2
      RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, extreme97nt, Sep-16-03 01:31 AM, #3
           RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, mitsuman297, Sep-16-03 08:13 AM, #4
                RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, extreme97nt, Sep-20-03 11:14 AM, #5
                     RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, eklipsdrvr99, Sep-24-03 04:55 AM, #6
RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, CrazyEclipse, Sep-26-03 04:12 PM, #7
RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-26-03 06:37 PM, #8
      RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, orzech, Oct-01-03 01:46 PM, #9
           RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, extreme97nt, Oct-01-03 01:53 PM, #10
                RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, Mr Pink, Oct-04-03 10:03 AM #11
                     RE: I need Ideas for My trunk!, DocWhiplash, Oct-04-03 11:14 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7167 Previous topic | Next topic