Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5327
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck" Previous topic | Next topic
fasterGSFeb-14-03 07:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5329, "RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck"
In response to In response to 1

Not exactly sure how FM modulators wire up, but I am assuming from the way you describe it that it wires up to the speaker outputs? Of course you can do that. One thing to keep in mind is does your truck have a factory amp? That may make things tricky, I know my 94 Ford Probe GT I used to have had a factory amp. Your best bet is to try to find some sort of electrical manual for your truck. That may be hard since your truck is pretty new, but I am guessing they used the radio thats in your truck in other models too.

This may not be much help but not having much experience with FM modulators and not being able to see how it hooks up makes it hard for me to say much.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck [View all] , KaptainMyke, Feb-14-03 05:28 AM
  RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, a_miller_76, Feb-14-03 06:27 AM, #1
RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, fasterGS, Feb-14-03 07:40 AM #2
      RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, SPL_Eclipse, Feb-14-03 08:19 AM, #3
           RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, KaptainMyke, Feb-14-03 11:06 AM, #4
                RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, mkerley, Feb-14-03 11:16 AM, #5
                RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, KaptainMyke, Feb-14-03 11:30 AM, #6
                     RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, fasterGS, Feb-14-03 11:51 AM, #7
                          RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, loudgs, Feb-14-03 02:49 PM, #8
                RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, jerseystyle1, Feb-14-03 06:10 PM, #9
                     RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, KaptainMyke, Feb-14-03 08:56 PM, #10
                          RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, jerseystyle1, Feb-14-03 09:29 PM, #11
                               RE: Need to wire an FM modulator and Power/ACC wires off my factory unit in the truck, KaptainMyke, Feb-15-03 05:51 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5327 Previous topic | Next topic