Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3778
View in linear mode

Subject: "All you video people.....i need help with my console." Previous topic | Next topic
Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Aug-30-02 12:49 PM

#3778, "All you video people.....i need help with my console."

I have a problem...I keep blowing the 1amp fuse inside my transformer box for the power wire that plugs into my new dvd/vcd/mp3/tvtuner standalone console. It powers up fine indoors, in my apt with the supplied wall outlet plug. In the car it blows the little bitty glass inline 1 amp fuse in my transformer, and displays a dim display on front, and not powering up all the way. All wires check out fine, I dunno whats wrong. I used butt connectors and crimping tool, no ghetto ass tape and wrap bullshit. I have the power tapped into the 12v power on the back of the radio inside the harness, and the ground is strapped to a solid ground with my lcd screen, and my am/fm modulator. Those two work fine (the lcd and modulator). Can I just tap the console into the amp then? Thats the last idea I have, tap the power/ground/remote into the terminals on my amplifier in the trunk...is this safe, and should I try that? If that dont work...I'm out of ideas...help! I had it working all week since tuesday, cept my amplifier was not working, I had a prob with the remote wire and now i fixed that, so the amp works, and I had it all working fine for ten minutes until i unplugged the console and then later replugged it in and now I have the current problem, but the amplifier and system work fine. Any ideas????

thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

All you video people.....i need help with my console. [View all] , Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Aug-30-02 12:49 PM
  RE: All you video people.....i need help with my console., Chris_FL, Aug-30-02 01:02 PM, #1
Fixed., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Aug-31-02 12:06 AM, #2
      RE: Fixed., a_miller_76, Aug-31-02 01:07 AM, #3
           RE: Fixed., HondaHater21, Aug-31-02 02:17 AM, #4
                RE: Fixed., fauchpj, Aug-31-02 06:52 AM, #5
                     RE: Fixed., JSMOTHRS, Aug-31-02 10:36 AM, #6
                          RE: Fixed., BlitzedEclipse42oA, Sep-01-02 05:46 PM, #7
                               RE: Fixed., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Sep-03-02 01:02 AM, #8
                                    RE: Fixed., a_miller_76, Sep-03-02 01:42 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3778 Previous topic | Next topic