Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3778
View in linear mode

Subject: "All you video people.....i need help with my console." Previous topic | Next topic
Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Aug-30-02 12:49 PM

#3778, "All you video people.....i need help with my console."

I have a problem...I keep blowing the 1amp fuse inside my transformer box for the power wire that plugs into my new dvd/vcd/mp3/tvtuner standalone console. It powers up fine indoors, in my apt with the supplied wall outlet plug. In the car it blows the little bitty glass inline 1 amp fuse in my transformer, and displays a dim display on front, and not powering up all the way. All wires check out fine, I dunno whats wrong. I used butt connectors and crimping tool, no ghetto ass tape and wrap bullshit. I have the power tapped into the 12v power on the back of the radio inside the harness, and the ground is strapped to a solid ground with my lcd screen, and my am/fm modulator. Those two work fine (the lcd and modulator). Can I just tap the console into the amp then? Thats the last idea I have, tap the power/ground/remote into the terminals on my amplifier in the trunk...is this safe, and should I try that? If that dont work...I'm out of ideas...help! I had it working all week since tuesday, cept my amplifier was not working, I had a prob with the remote wire and now i fixed that, so the amp works, and I had it all working fine for ten minutes until i unplugged the console and then later replugged it in and now I have the current problem, but the amplifier and system work fine. Any ideas????

thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: All you video people.....i need help with my console., Chris_FL, Aug-30-02 01:02 PM, #1
Fixed., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Aug-31-02 12:06 AM, #2
      RE: Fixed., a_miller_76, Aug-31-02 01:07 AM, #3
           RE: Fixed., HondaHater21, Aug-31-02 02:17 AM, #4
                RE: Fixed., fauchpj, Aug-31-02 06:52 AM, #5
                     RE: Fixed., JSMOTHRS, Aug-31-02 10:36 AM, #6
                          RE: Fixed., BlitzedEclipse42oA, Sep-01-02 05:46 PM, #7
                               RE: Fixed., Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Sep-03-02 01:02 AM, #8
                                    RE: Fixed., a_miller_76, Sep-03-02 01:42 AM, #9

Chris_FLAug-30-02 01:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3779, "RE: All you video people.....i need help with my console."
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn't recommend tapping into the amp's power source. Those eat up enough juice by themselves. I am saying this assuming you don't have wire thicker than 8gauge going to your amps.

I would probably run a new wire from the battery.

You got a pic of your new toy?

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Aug-31-02 12:06 AM

#3780, "Fixed."
In response to Reply # 1

I know this isnt the correct solution...but hehe I wedged a 15amp regular fuse inside it (not even a small glass tube fuse, but a pop out fuse, LOL) and it works now.

Fuck it!

a_miller_76Aug-31-02 01:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3781, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 2

Use a VOM meter and find out how much amperage you're drawing across that circuit...then fuse it a couple points higher so you don't risk overriding your system It's amazing that a 3 cent 15amp fuse can destroy your whole system if it wasn't supposed to be there

HondaHater21Aug-31-02 02:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#3782, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 3

make sure its only suposed to be 1 amp fuse, that seems lil small for all that

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

fauchpjAug-31-02 06:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#3783, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 4

thats probably why it was blowing. cuz 1 amp is too small to hold any current

JSMOTHRSAug-31-02 10:36 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2002
217 posts,
#3784, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 5

Do any of you have your video console where the passenger airbags is if not can it be done?

99 GS OZ EDITION
MODS- Apexi N1 Catback
Progress Sport Springs
Audio- JVC CD/TAPE/MP3 Player
Pioneer XM Radio
2 Alpine type R 12s
MTX-775 Watt Amp

99 GS OZ EDITION
MODS-
Hahns Stage 2 Turbo Kit
Apexi N1 Catback
Testpipe
Progress Sport Springs
Audio- Sony LCD entertainment stereo
Pioneer XM Radio
2 Alpine type R 12s
MTX-775 Watt Amp

Future Mods-
17in Rims
JSP Carbon Fiber Blade or Arospeed Carbo

BlitzedEclipse42oASep-01-02 05:46 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2002
66 posts,
#3785, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 6

You could buy a power inverter so you can pug it in just like a cout outlet. You can pick one up at any auto section in any major store (wall mart etc) for around $39 Thats how i use my ps2 in the car works great.

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc changer, Alpine type-R 6.5" component set, boston acoustics 5X7" in the rear, 2 alpine type-r 12"s Pheonix gold sub amp and eclipse 4 channel.

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc change

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-03-02 01:02 AM

#3786, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 7

a_miller_76Sep-03-02 01:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3787, "RE: Fixed."
In response to Reply # 8

Wanna drive over to Georgia and let me help you clean up that install some, Mike? LOL Looks good on the dash but you need to do some wire tuckin' buddy

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3778 Previous topic | Next topic