Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #255
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?" Previous topic | Next topic
GS_NewbieJul-22-01 05:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#261, "RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?"
In response to In response to 0

Well I did mount mine in the dash where the old ones were. What I did was go to a shop that installs stereos and found some mounts for each tweater. All the mount is is a circular disk with a 1" hole in the center (Im sure you could buy some plastic piece and easily make it yourself). you drop the tweater into the center hole and then cut the edges so that the disk rests on the lip of the holes in your dash. Then I applied some foam and spray adheisive inbetween the disk and the dash so wouldn't move around. I didnt bother trying to put the factory grill back over top since I liked the way it looked when I was finished. I mounted the crossovers in the glove box, but theres tons of differnt places you can do it... under seat... in trunk... under dash... you get the point. Good luck!

And God said..."Let there be light!"
And Man said..."Let there be 2gnt!!!"

AEM CAI
APEXi WS cat back
front upper strut bar
rear upper strut bar
Some dash trim (lame I know, I know...)
One Crazy sound system

Matt
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets? [View all] , super_dave1980, Jul-20-01 01:15 PM
  Speaking of which...., moisture, Jul-20-01 02:55 PM, #1
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, Fast420A, Jul-20-01 03:46 PM, #2
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, weepul, Jul-20-01 04:06 PM, #3
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, weepul, Jul-22-01 01:13 PM, #5
      RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, super_dave1980, Jul-24-01 01:13 PM, #7
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, GS_Newbie, Jul-22-01 05:11 AM #4
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, iamnotwhoiam, Jul-23-01 04:22 PM, #6
      RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, koolade9, Jul-25-01 03:59 PM, #8
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, sheldon, Jul-26-01 03:42 AM, #9
RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, weepul, Jul-26-01 03:57 AM, #10
      RE: where have you guys installed 1' tweeters from component sets?, koolade9, Jul-26-01 05:19 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #255 Previous topic | Next topic