Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #241
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: the flush woofa!" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonJul-16-01 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#244, "RE: the flush woofa!"
In response to In response to 2

hey chris i have been reading up on doing a fiberglass install in the trunk area....if you want i will research it some more send you some links and shit on how to do it and when i come down to do the headlight thing we can do the fiberglass install in the trunk...basically you need to figure out how much cubic air space you need and then make a box outta cardboard that is the size you need and conforms to the wheelwell like you need and then with the whole trunk taped up and coverd you put fiberglass cloth over the cardboard...and then you coat it with a resin and let it harden...after i think 2-3 coats you can pull it out for the rest. you just make sure both sides have a few coats...like i would say 3 at least on each side maybe 4 to make the box strong...and then after it hardens you can bolt it to the board...after putting a few beads of caulk (sp?) also if the spare tire is outta there i would consider drilling a hole in the bottom of the fiberglass tub and with silicon and rubber washers in both sides...using the nut that is already there for the tire...put a bolt in it to hold it down. most thieves that i know or whatever...wont take out each fucking screw to get the sub out...!!!! nice idea huh? well anyway you could do what i started to do and that was build a box for the bottom and then a deck...i can help you with that also if you like since i had almost the whole thing built! the deck comes up to about 1/2 way to the rear upper strut bar. the advantage to fiberglass is ALOT LESS WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

(to be installed)
gs-t muffler
aem cam gears
af\x udp
56mm tb
injen cold air intake extension
eclipse sideskirts and door caps

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

the flush woofa! [View all] , klipzracer, Jul-16-01 01:44 AM
  RE: the flush woofa!, Black97GS, Jul-16-01 03:21 AM, #1
RE: the flush woofa!, klipzracer, Jul-16-01 08:38 AM, #2
      RE: the flush woofa!, Talon, Jul-16-01 10:34 AM #3
           RE: the flush woofa!, Teameclipse804, Jul-16-01 03:01 PM, #4
                RE: the flush woofa!, klipzracer, Jul-23-01 09:51 AM, #5
                     RE: What do you guys do with your spare?, EsiTalon, Jul-23-01 11:08 AM, #6
                          RE: What do you guys do with your spare?, klipzracer, Jul-23-01 11:27 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #241 Previous topic | Next topic