Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12587
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Alarm Problem..." Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorsd_eclipseNov-20-06 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12591, "RE: Alarm Problem..."
In response to In response to 2
Nov-20-06 12:09 PM by sd_eclipse

Almost sounds like your alarm brain doesn't recognize the remote. Could have jumped a code or is not insync with the code the alarm brain is expecting. If you have the manual for that alarm, try to find the section about programing a new remote to the system and follow the steps.

As far as starting the car, you should be able to over-ride the alarm. There should be a little push button that is connected to the alarm somewhere inside your car. Usually the installer will put it in the lower dash area, somewhat out of obvious sight.

I believe the process is hold the button down and turn the ignition to on while the button is still depressed. Then let the button go and roll ignition to off. Then you should be able to start as normal on the next roll of the ignition. I could be wrong, I've been out of the alarm installer scene for some time. Matt might have better info if he catches this thread.

If worse comes to worse, try calling Directed Electronics Inc. Python is one of their brands just like Viper.
<edit>
Website for reference
http://www.directed.com/
</edit>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Alarm Problem... [View all] , ColtsNumba1Fan, Nov-16-06 12:35 PM
  RE: Alarm Problem..., MitsuEclipseGS, Nov-17-06 03:06 PM, #1
RE: Alarm Problem..., oMInOUs97RS, Nov-17-06 07:30 PM, #2
      RE: Alarm Problem..., Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-20-06 12:05 PM #3
           RE: Alarm Problem..., ColtsNumba1Fan, Nov-27-06 10:33 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12587 Previous topic | Next topic