Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11508
View in linear mode

Subject: "stock CD changer power "problem"..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-09-05 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11508, "stock CD changer power "problem"..."

It's not really a problem because I could just run wires but I'm curious...
I have a stock Infinity sound system w/ amp ect. It did not come with the CD changer. However, it has changer controls on the radio and the DIN plug and power harness in the rear of the car.
I bought a CD changer from a board member and when I went to hook it up, no juice.
I pulled the radio out and noticed that there is a spot on the back of the radio where the plug should/could've been. So, I figured if the plug is in the back, it would most likely be tucked away somewhere under the dash. No such luck.
Anyone know where it might be so I can tap into the harness thats already there without having to run new wires to the trunk?
Also, could someone with a radio/ cd changer combo verify that this harness in fact plugs into the back of the radio and doesn't get power from somewhere else?
Thanks.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

stock CD changer power "problem"... [View all] , ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-09-05 08:47 AM
  RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-09-05 08:51 AM, #1
RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-09-05 08:13 PM, #2
RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..., NoObTuNeR, Sep-13-05 03:19 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11508 Previous topic | Next topic