Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11508
View in linear mode

Subject: "stock CD changer power "problem"..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-09-05 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11508, "stock CD changer power "problem"..."

It's not really a problem because I could just run wires but I'm curious...
I have a stock Infinity sound system w/ amp ect. It did not come with the CD changer. However, it has changer controls on the radio and the DIN plug and power harness in the rear of the car.
I bought a CD changer from a board member and when I went to hook it up, no juice.
I pulled the radio out and noticed that there is a spot on the back of the radio where the plug should/could've been. So, I figured if the plug is in the back, it would most likely be tucked away somewhere under the dash. No such luck.
Anyone know where it might be so I can tap into the harness thats already there without having to run new wires to the trunk?
Also, could someone with a radio/ cd changer combo verify that this harness in fact plugs into the back of the radio and doesn't get power from somewhere else?
Thanks.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-09-05 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11509, "RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-09-05 08:55 AM by eclipzGST

ok, the kid I bought the changer from also had a pic of the back of his radio:

I thought the spot wy to the right was where the power for the changer plugged in but his is empty too. Anyone know where the power is supplied from?

Actually, I don't think that radio in the pic has changer capabilities. The DIN plug isn't next to the big fat plug.
I'm confused.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-09-05 08:13 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#11510, "RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..."
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-09-05 08:15 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Tony i know in my RS, that too doesnt have a changer but does have the harness.......The plug behind the radio was tucked deep under the radio. I found it runnign some other wires so make sure you plug that into your radio and see if that works.

Also, the radio you have, are you sure the contolls on it are not for a separate single in dash CD? I know on another 97 i removed the radio from used the small din plug liek yours has for the tape player, maybe it works for a cd player also and you need a larger plug that you dont have for the changer. Just speculating here.....

Terry

NoObTuNeRSep-13-05 03:19 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
123 posts,
#11516, "RE: stock CD changer power "problem"..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipzGST
ok, the kid I bought the changer from also had a pic of the back of his radio: I thought the spot wy to the right was where the power for the changer plugged in but his is empty too. Anyone know where the power is supplied from? Actually, I don't think that radio in the pic has changer capabilities. The DIN plug isn't next to the big fat plug. I'm confused.

That is the same radio I used the changer with. Dont know where the power came from because it would have been too much work to look for it. Hope you can get the changer to work.

Brian

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11508 Previous topic | Next topic