Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1071
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where's an accessory wire?" Previous topic | Next topic
BeefGGDec-28-01 04:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1071, "Where's an accessory wire?"

I just installed a Bazooka 10" sub in my 97 RS. It sounds great but I have the amp set on the auto on/off. It's really annoying because it turns off when there is a soft intro with not much bass or when I switch CDs and turns back on after the music is louder. It's no big deal but gets annoying because it takes several seconds to turn back on. In the manuel it says you can hook an accessory wire such as the radio or auto antenna to the amp and then the amp will turn on when the radio or when the antenna is up. I have no clue where to find one of these wires. It has to be 12 volts positive. If anybody could help me out here it would be great. I wired everything else up myself and it works fine I'm just not to sure about that one wire and wasn't going to risk messing my car up if it works fine as it is.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Where's an accessory wire? [View all] , BeefGG, Dec-28-01 04:44 PM
  RE: Where's an accessory wire?, CVedEclipse, Dec-28-01 10:15 PM, #1
RE: Where's an accessory wire?, BeefGG, Dec-29-01 11:47 AM, #2
      RE: Where's an accessory wire?, PowerEclipses, Dec-30-01 07:38 AM, #3
           RE: Where's an accessory wire?, BeefGG, Jan-01-02 08:12 AM, #4
                RE: Where's an accessory wire?, Twiste, Jan-01-02 08:46 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1071 Previous topic | Next topic