Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1071
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where's an accessory wire?" Previous topic | Next topic
BeefGGDec-28-01 04:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1071, "Where's an accessory wire?"

I just installed a Bazooka 10" sub in my 97 RS. It sounds great but I have the amp set on the auto on/off. It's really annoying because it turns off when there is a soft intro with not much bass or when I switch CDs and turns back on after the music is louder. It's no big deal but gets annoying because it takes several seconds to turn back on. In the manuel it says you can hook an accessory wire such as the radio or auto antenna to the amp and then the amp will turn on when the radio or when the antenna is up. I have no clue where to find one of these wires. It has to be 12 volts positive. If anybody could help me out here it would be great. I wired everything else up myself and it works fine I'm just not to sure about that one wire and wasn't going to risk messing my car up if it works fine as it is.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CVedEclipseDec-28-01 10:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1072, "RE: Where's an accessory wire?"
In response to Reply # 0

you can tap into the remote wire from the head unit.. ive changed my stuff around so much, so im not sure what the color of the wire is.. i thinks its the blue one?? someone wanna correct me?

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BeefGGDec-29-01 11:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1073, "RE: Where's an accessory wire?"
In response to Reply # 1

I was looking for the blue wire but then saw a fuse box. I then looked and saw one for the cigarette lighter. I then just stuck the remote on wire coming out of the sub into one side of the cigarette lighter fuse. It worked good. It will be on when the car is on but will stay on even if the radio is off. No big deal but I might still look for the blue radio one.

PowerEclipsesDec-30-01 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#1074, "RE: Where's an accessory wire?"
In response to Reply # 2

you could make a switch some how so that your remote wire goes to your amp and and the switch could be in your dash or something

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

BeefGGJan-01-02 08:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1075, "RE: Where's an accessory wire?"
In response to Reply # 3

I just put a switch in the dash for the remote wire. It works great but an annoy little problem came up. Usally if I left the radio on when I turned the car off it came back on when I started the car back up. Now it is always off when I start the car. The only thing I can think of to explain this is when I disconnected the battery I reset the head unit's defaults or something. I never messed with any of the radio's wires. Does anybody know what is causing this? I have the stock single deck CD player in my 97 RS.

TwisteJan-01-02 08:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#1076, "RE: Where's an accessory wire?"
In response to Reply # 4

use the light blue wire coming off of the head unit. That is the correct wire to use.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1071 Previous topic | Next topic