Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10675
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Spyder Audio" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRMar-10-05 06:00 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10709, "RE: Spyder Audio"
In response to In response to 14
Mar-10-05 06:08 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Your speaker choices look good. As far as the subs they look good also and yes you cant run them off of the stock Infinity amp. The stock amp pushs hardly anything. Truthfully it puts out less power than an aftermarket headunit does. Also the thing is if you decide to keep the stock headunit you will need a special box to tap into your speakers. Its called a line out converter. I will try and explain what this does before I go any further

The stock headunit does not have pre-outs to plug an external amp in for the subs. A line out converter is spliced into say.. your rear speaker wires. And what it does it convert the audio signal into RCA outputs. That way you plug your amp into the line out converter to obtain the audio signal to power the subs. This is going to be very tricky if you wish to keep the stock headunit, and if you are a newb you will need a bit of help with all of this. As far as a remote turn on lead etc. (Which you could just tap that into the power antennae wire)

I highly suggest you just find an aftermarket headunit because its better in the long run and just toss the stock Infinity amp because it will be worthless.

Also your car should be fine electronically only thing I would suggest if you are paranoid is to get a capacitor as a precautionary measure. And when you make your ground for your amp make sure you ground it good. I have a friend where his ground came lose and it surged through the car and messed up his alternator. It was quite funny because the Alternator hummed like a supercharger when he accelerated. lol

The Amp

You will need a amp a little more powerful than that, and I don't know if you will be able to wire those subs down to 2ohms. Subs have a limit to the indepence they can go down to. If you go to low you risk damaging the sub. Let me know what model subs they are and me or one of the other guys will try and suggest a good amp for you and suggest how you should wire them whether it be series or parallel circuit. I know this info may be a little hard to swallow since you are in experienced but just read up and we will try our best to help you from here.

Edit: Just noticed your last bit of info on Dual. I would just stay away from them, yes they are cheap subs but you get what you pay for. I am an audio freak and if I had the money I would do it rite.. Trust me and others will say it to.. You get what you pay for so just do it rite the first time. If you are in Circuit City may I suggest looking at Infinitys that is what I will be getting next they are really good for the money also. Rockford has good stuff, but for some reason I never really been a fan of their stuff especially considering I have seen numerous friends blow them out to often. Anyway I am rambling. Let us know what kind of price range you wish to stay in, and we will try and help you with some quality stuff.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Spyder Audio [View all] , diabolic, Mar-04-05 12:31 PM
  RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-04-05 06:42 PM, #1
RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-07-05 05:19 PM, #2
      RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-07-05 11:38 PM, #3
           RE: Spyder Audio, Jen, Mar-08-05 02:58 AM, #4
                RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-08-05 03:01 AM, #5
                     RE: Spyder Audio, Jen, Mar-08-05 03:30 AM, #6
                          RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-08-05 03:32 AM, #7
RE: Spyder Audio, diabolic, Mar-08-05 04:26 AM, #8
RE: Spyder Audio, Jen, Mar-08-05 04:32 AM, #9
RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-08-05 04:32 AM, #10
      RE: Spyder Audio, diabolic, Mar-08-05 05:13 AM, #11
           RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-08-05 12:20 PM, #12
                RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-08-05 02:12 PM, #13
                     RE: Spyder Audio, diabolic, Mar-10-05 04:58 PM, #14
                          RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-10-05 06:00 PM #15
                               RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-11-05 02:21 AM, #16
                                    RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-11-05 04:15 AM, #17
                                         RE: Spyder Audio, diabolic, Mar-11-05 05:19 AM, #18
                                              RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-11-05 05:44 AM, #19
                                                   RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-11-05 06:04 AM, #20
                                                        RE: Spyder Audio, diabolic, Mar-11-05 06:15 AM, #21
                                                             RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-11-05 06:54 AM, #22
                                                                  RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-11-05 09:48 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: Spyder Audio, a_miller_76, Mar-11-05 09:51 AM, #24
                                                                            RE: Spyder Audio, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-11-05 04:20 PM, #25

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10675 Previous topic | Next topic