Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1033
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSDec-20-01 11:19 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1035, "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?"
In response to In response to 0

Looks good to me, but most important, do what YOU like! As for the fans, having a fan on each end of the amp rack will only act like you have 1 fan! Think of it like this. You have a pipe,and at one end one person is blowing into it, and at the other end, the second person is sucking in the air. You don't really get more airflow than what the first person is blowing into it. The best thing to do(this is what i did in my grand prix when i had it), is to have 2 fans at one end of the rack, and open holes large enough to move the amount of air that the fans can move, at the other end. This way, you have 2 fans providing airflow instead of 1. And yes, you can wire up the fans to your remote turn on wire from the head unit, since you don't have numerous amps. The fans draw very little power...Another analogy, to help explain. Lets say you have 2 shop vacs. One is sucking up, and the other is set to blow out air. If you put both ends together, the shop vac isn't moving any more air, they are actually at about the same airflow(one is pushing out air at the same speed as the one sucking in). Now if you make that other shop vav to suction, and now you put both of the hose ends together, you have twice the amount of suction. Hope this helps

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

custom.... what to do with the fans? [View all] , xzolian, Dec-20-01 02:56 AM
  RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?, PowerEclipses, Dec-20-01 11:07 AM, #1
RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?, TeamXtremeRS, Dec-20-01 11:19 AM #2
RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?, xzolian, Dec-20-01 03:59 PM, #3
      RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?, jZa, Dec-21-01 04:15 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1033 Previous topic | Next topic