Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1033
View in linear mode

Subject: "custom.... what to do with the fans?" Previous topic | Next topic
xzolianDec-20-01 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1033, "custom.... what to do with the fans?"

I'm building a custom subwoofer / amp enclosure using mdf board and Plexiglas. The whole thing will be covered with white vinyl. Here is a couple picture of my idea.

top view

front view (from driver seat)

As you can see I'm no artist. Use your imagination. Well here is my first question do you think that the locations of the fans are a good spot? I think the rf amp would have good cooling (1 fan would be pushing air and the other would be pulling air). The pioneer amp doesn't seem like it would get enough cooling. Assuming both the fans on top of the pioneer amp would be pulling air... My second question is do you think this would look good? I would lose all trunk space but I dont use it that much anyways.

Xzolian
x5z5o5l@earthlink.net (remove the fives to send me an email)

1996 Eclipse RS
not that many.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PowerEclipsesDec-20-01 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1034, "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?"
In response to Reply # 0

2 things your gonna have 4 fans? if so, your going to have a fun time wireing that... it do it the right way i would hook up the fans to the remote wire so they dont run all the time and so you can turn them off... also whats that thing in the front?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSDec-20-01 11:19 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1035, "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks good to me, but most important, do what YOU like! As for the fans, having a fan on each end of the amp rack will only act like you have 1 fan! Think of it like this. You have a pipe,and at one end one person is blowing into it, and at the other end, the second person is sucking in the air. You don't really get more airflow than what the first person is blowing into it. The best thing to do(this is what i did in my grand prix when i had it), is to have 2 fans at one end of the rack, and open holes large enough to move the amount of air that the fans can move, at the other end. This way, you have 2 fans providing airflow instead of 1. And yes, you can wire up the fans to your remote turn on wire from the head unit, since you don't have numerous amps. The fans draw very little power...Another analogy, to help explain. Lets say you have 2 shop vacs. One is sucking up, and the other is set to blow out air. If you put both ends together, the shop vac isn't moving any more air, they are actually at about the same airflow(one is pushing out air at the same speed as the one sucking in). Now if you make that other shop vav to suction, and now you put both of the hose ends together, you have twice the amount of suction. Hope this helps

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

xzolianDec-20-01 03:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
#1036, "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks for the help man.........

matt

Xzolian
x5z5o5l@earthlink.net (remove the fives to send me an email)

1996 Eclipse RS
not that many.....

jZaDec-21-01 04:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1037, "RE: custom.... what to do with the fans?"
In response to Reply # 3

you'll want to use a relay for all those fans

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1033 Previous topic | Next topic