Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12904
View in linear mode

Subject: "help needed, ignition kill??" Previous topic | Next topic
SeclipseOct-29-07 04:33 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2003
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12904, "help needed, ignition kill??"

I think I'm having an alarm problem.I think my alarm is killing the electric to my starter when i try to turn my car on. I'm not quite sure what actually caused it or how to fix it.
A bit of background, i just put in a new battery about a month ago and besides having to crank the engine twice to start I've been pretty good. Last night I'm driving to the store and see a buddy of mine on the side of the road. Turns out he needed a jump so i got him started and went on my way. Get to the store and back home fine. This morning a fire truck flies up my street setting all the alarms on the block off.(not to sure how important that is just trying to give all i can)
Now comes the weird part, I turn the alarm off with the remote and it makes a different siren than usual. I just figured it was because a sensor was tripped when the fire truck went by. I go to start the car and when the key is turned all the way on i get a click then all the electronics in the car shut down. When i pull the key out of the ignition i get power back and the alarm goes nuts.
The alarm is a Chapman that the date on the brain says was made 9/96 and i believe the model is lbl 0725 if that helps any thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

help needed, ignition kill?? [View all] , Seclipse, Oct-29-07 04:33 PM
  RE: help needed, ignition kill??, Jungy, Oct-29-07 06:48 PM, #1
RE: help needed, ignition kill??, Fallen4ng31, Oct-30-07 03:55 AM, #2
      RE: help needed, ignition kill??, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-30-07 06:52 AM, #3
           RE: help needed, ignition kill??, Seclipse, Oct-30-07 09:32 AM, #4
                RE: help needed, ignition kill??, Seclipse, Oct-30-07 02:21 PM, #5
                     RE: help needed, ignition kill??, Fallen4ng31, Oct-31-07 05:42 AM, #6
                          RE: help needed, ignition kill??, edxmon, Nov-26-07 04:06 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12904 Previous topic | Next topic