Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12756
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alarm Install Help Needed!!" Previous topic | Next topic
DanKidMar-31-07 06:12 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12756, "Alarm Install Help Needed!!"

What's up guys. I made an attempt to install my Clifford Matrix 70.5 alarm today and after all the connections were done the damn thing is not working at all. Does anyone have any ideas on what wires might be off? The main wierd thing that I noticed is that the alarm install manual has two thick red wires which should be connected to constant 12v source which I connected to the white wire in the ignition harness and then it has another thick red w/ white stripe wire which is listed as "connection for high current outputs. The heavy gauge red/white wire serves the same function as the heavy guage red wires." I originally left this wire out since the manual says it serves the same purpose but then added it on when I saw the alarm wasn't working and nothing happened." Just to give a quick rundown this alarm has the usuall brain, shock sensor, but then it has a relay satellite box which has very thick wires coming out of it. I guess this is provided to avoid having to go out and buy separate relays. It looks like one huge relay.

I'm really breaking my head trying to figure this out. I soldered all of my connections and got a good ground as well. Any ideas??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Alarm Install Help Needed!! [View all] , DanKid, Mar-31-07 06:12 PM
  RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!, shonobie, Apr-05-07 04:51 PM, #1
RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!, DanKid, Apr-07-07 03:47 AM, #2
      RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!, 95grayTsi, Apr-07-07 02:32 PM, #3
           RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!, DanKid, Apr-08-07 05:26 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12756 Previous topic | Next topic