Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12756
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alarm Install Help Needed!!" Previous topic | Next topic
DanKidMar-31-07 06:12 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12756, "Alarm Install Help Needed!!"

What's up guys. I made an attempt to install my Clifford Matrix 70.5 alarm today and after all the connections were done the damn thing is not working at all. Does anyone have any ideas on what wires might be off? The main wierd thing that I noticed is that the alarm install manual has two thick red wires which should be connected to constant 12v source which I connected to the white wire in the ignition harness and then it has another thick red w/ white stripe wire which is listed as "connection for high current outputs. The heavy gauge red/white wire serves the same function as the heavy guage red wires." I originally left this wire out since the manual says it serves the same purpose but then added it on when I saw the alarm wasn't working and nothing happened." Just to give a quick rundown this alarm has the usuall brain, shock sensor, but then it has a relay satellite box which has very thick wires coming out of it. I guess this is provided to avoid having to go out and buy separate relays. It looks like one huge relay.

I'm really breaking my head trying to figure this out. I soldered all of my connections and got a good ground as well. Any ideas??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shonobieApr-05-07 04:51 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2005
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12760, "RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it just an Alarm or an Alarm & Remote start system?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DanKidApr-07-07 03:47 AM
480 posts,
#12765, "RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!"
In response to Reply # 1

It's actually an alarm with remote start but I was just going to install the alarm part of it since I have a manual transmission. I could not figure it out so I took the car to an alarm install place and had it checked out. It turns out that the door lock mechanisms need to be replaced in the car and also the remote needed to be programmed. I did not think about programming it because after the install the light was not blinking at all.

95grayTsiApr-07-07 02:32 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2007
35 posts,
#12767, "RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!"
In response to Reply # 2

12volts white + ignition harness

Starter black/red + ignition harness

Second Starter

Ignition black/white + ignition harness

Second Ignition

Third Ignition

Accessory blue/black + ignition harness

Second Accessory

Keysense

Power Lock brown/white - driver kick, door harness

Power Unlock brown - driver kick, door harness

Notes: To unlock only the driver door on models with keyless entry, use brown/blue (-) at the relays behind the radio.

Lock Motor blue/black 5wi driver kick, door harness

Unlock Motor blue/red 5wi driver kick, door harness

Parking Lights+ green/white + driver kick, harness to rear

Parking Lights- green/white - headlight switch

Notes: Found in a gray 20-pin connector.

Door Trigger red/green - driver kick, harness to rear
Notes: To avoid the dome light delay use red/white(-) at the door open indicator at the instrument cluster. The red/white will also catch the rear hatch.

Dome Supervision use door trigger wire

Trunk/Hatch Pin red/green - driver kick, harness to rear
Notes: To avoid the dome light delay use red/white(-) at the door open indicator at the instrument cluster. The red/white will also catch the rear hatch.

Hood Pin blue/black - fuse box

Factory Alarm Arm green/yellow - driver kick, door harness
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

Can also use the passenger door key cylinder which is red/blue (-) in the passenger kick, door harness.
Factory Alarm Disarm green/white - driver kick, door harness
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

Can also use the passenger door key cylinder which is brown/red (-) in the passenger kick, door harness.

Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm

Tachometer white ac instrument cluster or PCM
Notes: The PCM is located on the drivers side of the engine compartment or behind the center of the dash depending on motor.
Wait to start

Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch

Horn Trigger green/black - horn switch

DanKidApr-08-07 05:26 PM
480 posts,
#12768, "RE: Alarm Install Help Needed!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I got the new door switches from Satan yesterday and installed them today. The alarm is now working perfectly fine now. I'm gonna install the auto-start when I get some time to do it with some kind of safe-guard against starting in gear and i'm also gonna get some door lock poppers to add to the doors.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12756 Previous topic | Next topic