Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1219
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJan-24-02 01:55 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1225, "RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST)"
In response to In response to 5

Well I'm not too sure if that jbl is a monoblock amp or a two channel amp, but you can't bridge a monoblock amp. Its already one channel and only 1 channel. Most mono amps provide two sets of speaker outputs, but mono amps will "see" exactly the load put upon it(ie, 1 4ohm sub= amp at 4 ohms, 2 4 ohmn subs in parallel=2 ohms at amp). Now if you have a 2 channel amp, and you bridge the 2 channels into 1 channel, then the amp will "see" half of the load put upon it(2 4 ohm subs in parrallel= a 1 ohm load on the amp)ie. 2 4 ohm subs in parallel= 2 ohm load, now put that 2 ohm load on a bridged amp, amp sees half of 2 ohm which = a 1 ohm load. Dvc subs are great for many different wiring set ups, but better suited to multi-channel amps insted of mono class D amps(assuming the DVC's are 4 ohm each coil and class D amp is only 2 ohm stable)

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST) [View all] , xEclipsE RaceRx, Jan-17-02 01:28 PM
  RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), mkerley, Jan-17-02 02:22 PM, #1
RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), xEclipsE RaceRx, Jan-17-02 03:21 PM, #2
      RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), mkerley, Jan-18-02 01:01 AM, #3
RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), TeamXtremeRS, Jan-18-02 04:49 PM, #4
RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), Kirby, Jan-24-02 08:31 AM, #5
      RE: Tell me if this setup will work (MOST IMPORTANT OF MY POST), TeamXtremeRS, Jan-24-02 01:55 PM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1219 Previous topic | Next topic