Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11726
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: System suggestions?" Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseDec-22-05 07:53 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11774, "RE: System suggestions?"
In response to In response to 2

"also when u go for subs get a ported box you will gain 3dbs"

sorta kinda...in theory. that sort of blanket statement is like saying "by a header you will make 5hp". it all depends on the type of improvement you are looking for and in what band of usage, which depends on the music (or in the header case, power band) you use. which brings me to a few questions:

1) what is lacking in your system (you gave a broad description)? do you want louder midbass/treble? more detail? both? do you care about soundstaging or imaging?

2) what do you not like/want to have in a headunit? also, what model do you have?

it seems to me that you are happy with the bass portion of your musical reproduction, but are unhappy with the midbass/midrange/highs. my gut instinct is to tell you to buy a good set of components and power them from an additional amp...and to have them installed correctly with damping and rear-wave isolation taken into consideration. that alone should be under $1000 (even if you need a shop to install it) and get you great results.

although others may disagree, almost any reputible aftermarket headunit is as good as the next at simply producing a signal. if you need fancy EQs and the like, you need to fix the installation...not the signal. the headunits job is to cleanly read the incoming information and output it with as little signal degridation as possible. thats why high end headunits dont have any features beyond a volume control (and other basic operations) and possibly a "bass" and "treble" cut feature. however...if you want a gazillion features at a relativly low cost, pioneer is, well, a pioneer at that.

remember to trust your ears, and not the flashy graphics, demos, and salesmen.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

System suggestions? [View all] , EclipseSix, Dec-02-05 07:59 PM
  RE: System suggestions?, VOTBLINDUB, Dec-22-05 07:59 AM, #1
RE: System suggestions?, dbtuner, Dec-22-05 03:20 PM, #2
RE: System suggestions?, SPL_Eclipse, Dec-22-05 07:53 PM #3
      RE: System suggestions?, EclipseSix, Dec-23-05 03:38 PM, #4
           RE: System suggestions?, Blk95GS, Dec-23-05 09:27 PM, #5
                RE: System suggestions?, EclipseSix, Dec-24-05 12:52 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11726 Previous topic | Next topic