Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96635
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Fresh pictures!" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTSep-25-06 11:43 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96635, "New Fresh pictures!"

Couple new pics to share to the community! First couple pics are of my rim that I painted today. Thats right, I painted ONE rim! lol I only painted one rim to start off with because I wanted to see if I was going to like the black or not, and let me say, I LOVE IT. I havent put it on the car yet because its still tacky but I laid it up next to it to see what it would look like and I think it will look really sharp. I still need to paint the center cap and put the rivets around the lip back in that are polished as well. I will finish them all tomorrow.

Next to the quarter panel:
http://imageshack.us>
Again, next to the quarter panel:
Another one, next to the quarter panel:
Before and After pic:
Far shot next to the quarter: (look at that color change in the paint)

NEW FORCED INDUCTION, OH YEEEEEAH, lol.
I initially made this for my GT35r and since I did not like the GT35 and actually sold it yesterday night, this will be working with the 60-1 Turbo that I absolutely LOVE. When this fucker spools up with this intake, it is LOUD as fuck fella's. I am not running an air filter on it but I am however running some mesh fiberglass screening before the turbo to prevent any debris from entering into the turbo. Dont have to worry about rain or anything else like that since I dont daily drive it anymore, but howvere, I still need to blow out some of the plastic shavings inside the headlight, I thought they would all blow out when I ran it with the GT35 but guess not, but anyway, enjoy.

It just looks mean dont it:
Far shot:
Close up:
Close up side view:

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Fresh pictures!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-25-06 11:50 AM, #1
RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-25-06 12:01 PM, #3
      RE: New Fresh pictures!, dsmmyth, Sep-25-06 12:17 PM, #4
           RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-25-06 01:06 PM, #8
                RE: New Fresh pictures!, dsmmyth, Sep-25-06 03:30 PM, #9
                     RE: New Fresh pictures!, boosted60trimrst, Sep-25-06 04:34 PM, #10
                          RE: New Fresh pictures!, clipse_2005, Sep-25-06 06:38 PM, #11
RE: New Fresh pictures!, 96rs-t, Sep-25-06 11:51 AM, #2
RE: New Fresh pictures!, BlackMagic, Sep-25-06 12:19 PM, #5
      RE: New Fresh pictures!, Moderatorcs82685, Sep-25-06 12:29 PM, #6
           RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-25-06 01:05 PM, #7
                RE: New Fresh pictures!, BumpinTalon, Sep-26-06 05:27 AM, #12
                     RE: New Fresh pictures!, CustomGS, Sep-26-06 06:12 AM, #13
                     RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 08:52 AM, #14
                          RE: New Fresh pictures!, BumpinTalon, Sep-26-06 09:34 AM, #15
                          RE: New Fresh pictures!, R34Eclipse, Sep-26-06 09:34 AM, #16
                               RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 10:37 AM, #17
                                    RE: New Fresh pictures!, R34Eclipse, Sep-26-06 10:41 AM, #18
                                         RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 10:53 AM, #19
                                              RE: New Fresh pictures!, Blizare, Sep-26-06 11:06 AM, #20
                                                   OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 01:42 PM, #21
                                                        RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, edxmon, Sep-26-06 01:58 PM, #22
                                                             RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-26-06 03:06 PM, #23
                                                                  RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 03:13 PM, #24
                                                                       RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, BumpinTalon, Sep-26-06 03:21 PM, #25
                                                                            RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-26-06 03:29 PM, #26
                                                                                 RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, BumpinTalon, Sep-26-06 03:32 PM, #27
                                                                                      RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, R34Eclipse, Sep-26-06 04:11 PM, #28
                                                                                           RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, BlackMagic, Sep-27-06 05:25 PM, #29
                                                                                           RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, 96rs-t, Sep-27-06 05:49 PM, #30
                                                                                           RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, dsmmyth, Sep-27-06 06:14 PM, #31
                                                                                                RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, BlackMagic, Sep-27-06 07:05 PM, #32
                                                                                                     RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, R34Eclipse, Sep-28-06 04:48 AM, #33
                                                                                                          RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!, BlackMagic, Sep-28-06 09:54 AM, #34
RE: New Fresh pictures!, ez, Sep-29-06 10:37 AM, #35
RE: New Fresh pictures!, eclipse982nrRST, Sep-29-06 01:29 PM, #36
      RE: New Fresh pictures!, totaleclipse_05, Sep-30-06 07:56 AM, #37
           RE: New Fresh pictures!, kain_99gs, Oct-02-06 04:50 PM, #38

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-25-06 11:50 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96636, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 0

Rims look real nice. Explain the gt35?

The forced induction I dont care for. Just doesnt look right to me. As long as it works though.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTSep-25-06 12:01 PM
6314 posts,
#96638, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Explain the gt35?

Pretty simple actually. Too big, didnt like it. For some reason, it was not what I pictured it would be. It DID make more power I believe at higher RPM around 6500 but however I wasnt reaching full boost with it until around 5200. With my 60-1 I can reach full boost by 4200. It doesnt seem like a big difference, but if you would have ridden with me, you would have understood. I dont recommend it, lol. I do recommend the 60-1's though, I love that fucker.

The forced induction I dont care for. Just doesnt look right to me. As long as it works though. Terry

I figured no one would like this, but like I said, I initially made it to give the GT35 some more breathing air, but since I didnt like that turbo, its now feeding the 60 trim. I know no one would really like it, but everyone knows me, I do things other people dont do. I like being different ya know.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

dsmmythSep-25-06 12:17 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#96639, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 3

It looks great. Next time I'm in Ohio, I'll lend you my camera though.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

eclipse982nrRSTSep-25-06 01:06 PM
6314 posts,
#96643, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by dsmmyth
It looks great. Next time I'm in Ohio, I'll lend you my camera though.

What for, thats my new camera and those pics are clear as can be! Its a 6.0Megapixel compared to my old one that was a 2.0MP.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

dsmmythSep-25-06 03:30 PM
1178 posts,
#96650, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by dsmmyth It looks great. Next time I'm in Ohio, I'll lend you my camera though.
What for, thats my new camera and those pics are clear as can be! Its a 6.0Megapixel compared to my old one that was a 2.0MP.

Lol, well make them bigger than 320 x 240 pixels. You're teasing us.

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

boosted60trimrstSep-25-06 04:34 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#96654, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 9

the headlight looks pretty good . i like it .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

clipse_2005Sep-25-06 06:38 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
269 posts,
#96659, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm diggin the "ram-air" personally. It's actually functional which is awesome and t looks like you did a great job on it. Nothing half-assed which is what I expect out of your work and this is no different. Those wheels are going to look very nice as well.

HOWEVER, I think you should just keep those tizzite 14" stockers on it and call it a day hahaha!

96rs-tSep-25-06 11:51 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#96637, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 0

wow, see what my simple photoshop of your rims made you do... they do look good.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

BlackMagicSep-25-06 12:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#96640, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes sir lookin good! Sucks the gt35 didn't work out for you though.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Moderatorcs82685Sep-25-06 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#96641, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 5

I had a feeling that's what you were doing when you were looking for a headlight, personally I think it looks pretty good and from a distance you can't even tell it's there.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

eclipse982nrRSTSep-25-06 01:05 PM
6314 posts,
#96642, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by cs82685
I had a feeling that's what you were doing when you were looking for a headlight, personally I think it looks pretty good and from a distance you can't even tell it's there.

Sweetness, someone who likes it!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BumpinTalonSep-26-06 05:27 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#96665, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 7

hmm I was debating painting my mod sevens like that, but I wasn't sure if I should paint the ones I already have, or just sell them and get the brand new ones that are already gloss black. Did you take the rim apart to paint them?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

CustomGSSep-26-06 06:12 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96666, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 12

Mike, rims look great! Good work. It breaks up that bright ass blue quite nicely. And if you can back up having that "ram air" then it doesnt matter what people think, and i believe you can. Although we have yet to see your track day results!

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 08:52 AM
6314 posts,
#96669, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Did you take the rim apart to paint them?

How do you take the rim apart? lol

I took the rivets out, thats about it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BumpinTalonSep-26-06 09:34 AM
2381 posts,
#96670, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by BumpinTalon Did you take the rim apart to paint them?
How do you take the rim apart? lol I took the rivets out, thats about it.

ahhaha I always thought, between the "mod" in the name and the "modular" in the sales thing, they were two piece rims. Maybe not?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

R34EclipseSep-26-06 09:34 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#96671, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 14

The Mod 7s aren't a true 3 piece wheel just have the fake rivits in them, He's talking about a 3 piece wheel where the actuall face of the wheel can be removed.

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 10:37 AM
6314 posts,
#96675, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
The Mod 7s aren't a true 3 piece wheel just have the fake rivits in them, He's talking about a 3 piece wheel where the actuall face of the wheel can be removed.

Yeah I know. However, Axis does make a REAL 3 piece MOD7 rim, but only for the MR2 and Ferarri's.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

R34EclipseSep-26-06 10:41 AM
706 posts,
#96676, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 17

Hey just cus u got a wide booty and some scoops off a high dollar car don't make u no MR2 or Ferrari bro haha jk but yea i was just stating you can't just take apart EVERY wheel

97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 10:53 AM
6314 posts,
#96677, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 18

Hey just cus u got a wide booty and some scoops off a high dollar car don't make u no MR2 or Ferrari bro haha jk but yea i was just stating you can't just take apart EVERY wheel

Ya I know. I was just stating that Axis does make a real 3 piece rim.

I would like a widebody MR2

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BlizareSep-26-06 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#96678, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 19

Hey mike, theres a hole in your driver side headlight? wtf is that

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 01:42 PM
6314 posts,
#96684, "OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

I think they turned out badass! I love the way it looks now!!! I even think DJ will like these Enjoy the pics!!!

P.S. Could someone do a photoshop now of my car with a black roof, hatch and spoiler please THANKS!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

edxmonSep-26-06 01:58 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#96685, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 21

i dont think ive ever seen a pic of ur car with the hood down...hehehe.

P.S. your car is phucking hot!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-26-06 03:06 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#96687, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22
Sep-26-06 03:07 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Mike i think its time to pour a new driveway...lol

I want to see picts behind the headlight.

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 03:13 PM
6314 posts,
#96688, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 23

Mike i think its time to pour a new driveway...lol I want to see picts behind the headlight.

Ya I know, lol.

Sure, here ya go, I am going to buy a piece of 90 degree bent polished intercooler piping. This is just a piece of stainless I had laying around and I hapened to have the hose coupler too

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BumpinTalonSep-26-06 03:21 PM
2381 posts,
#96689, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 24
Sep-26-06 03:23 PM by BumpinTalon

Holy Fuck

I am TOTALLY painting my rims black now. There is NOOOOO doubt whatsoever, JESUS thats HOT.

You should also get an upgraded rad and maybe slim fans

btw, what kind of paint did you use do the rims black like that? I want mine to look exactly the same..

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

eclipse982nrRSTSep-26-06 03:29 PM
6314 posts,
#96691, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 25
Sep-26-06 03:32 PM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Holy Fuck I am TOTALLY painting my rims black now. There is NOOOOO doubt whatsoever, JESUS thats HOT. You should also get an upgraded rad and maybe slim fans btw, what kind of paint did you use do the rims black like that? I want mine to look exactly the same..

I have a brand new Fluidyne radiator and 2 FAL fans. Just havent put them in.

Send your rims to be and I will paint em for ya

Its factory black paint code. PPG paint and UPOL clear.

This wasnt your advanced auto parts spray paint hack job my friend, it cost me $180 to do all four rims. If you paint yourself, be easy with the paint and clear dude. Its hard to get in all the small parts on the sides of the seven's man, real tricky. If your not experienced with painting, I HIGHLY recommend you NOT doing it because you WILL run the paint and make them look fugly.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BumpinTalonSep-26-06 03:32 PM
2381 posts,
#96692, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 26
Sep-26-06 03:33 PM by BumpinTalon

I live in canuckistania, so it would be like $280 plus for the round trip shipping......

I actually think I am going to trade my rims for this guy's 95 ESi with a blown motor especially since it is just about time to put the winters on anyway. then I'll get 19" black axis rims in the spring.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

R34EclipseSep-26-06 04:11 PM
706 posts,
#96693, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 27

is there any way to rig up some sort of plate for the fog light bezels, the bumper just looks too ummm? open i guess with that HUGE opening for the FMIC then the swiss cheese holes on the rest of it, just somethin to sort of break it up, just offering friendly advice

BlackMagicSep-27-06 05:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#96706, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 28

It looks very good indeed! A lot better than my spray can job haha.

*form follows function*

96rs-tSep-27-06 05:49 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#96707, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 29

you need to give me actual photos with the parts displayed in the photo of what you want photoshopped. send me the pics and I'll photoshop them black.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

dsmmythSep-27-06 06:14 PM
1178 posts,
#96708, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 28

is there any way to rig up some sort of plate for the fog light bezels, the bumper just looks too ummm? open i guess with that HUGE opening for the FMIC then the swiss cheese holes on the rest of it, just somethin to sort of break it up, just offering friendly advice

This is GreyForestGST's from DSMTuners. You can see he filled them in and then put them back in the bumper.

1998 Eclipse GS

BlackMagicSep-27-06 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#96709, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 31
Sep-27-06 07:33 PM by BlackMagic

thats the best I can do with what you gave us. I tried to take out the color that was reflected in the rear and front window. Looks pretty good! Yea I don't photoshop much...

*form follows function*

R34EclipseSep-28-06 04:48 AM
706 posts,
#96714, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 32

if you decide to do the roof black i would suggest limo tinting the windows to pull it together a little better.

BlackMagicSep-28-06 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#96717, "RE: OH do they look sweeeeet!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 33

if you decide to do the roof black i would suggest limo tinting the windows to pull it together a little better.

I concur!

*form follows function*

ezSep-29-06 10:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#96730, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm impressed. good job. one question - how did you prep the wheels for painting?

I've been considering painting my Enkeis black or gunmetal. (the ones in my sig pic)

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

eclipse982nrRSTSep-29-06 01:29 PM
6314 posts,
#96731, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 35

scuff the clear down with a red scuff pad from 3M

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

totaleclipse_05Sep-30-06 07:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#96732, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 36

I would say keep the top as is and not to paint it black, it looks clean right now. I would want to do something with that front bumper though, I agree it looks a little "open". Looks very nice though Mike, great job.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

kain_99gsOct-02-06 04:50 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#96742, "RE: New Fresh pictures!"
In response to Reply # 37
Oct-02-06 04:51 PM by kain_99gs

Hmm... Just IMO. The wheels look really good. Get some real damn pictures soon. High resolution is a good thing, make it your friend.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96635 Previous topic | Next topic