Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99359
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????" Previous topic | Next topic
Domestic KillerJul-16-07 08:13 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2007
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99359, "Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"

Ok In All The Pics That I Can Find No One Has A Switch In The Spot Under The Defroster. Does Any One Know What Switch Goes Here????????

Thanks For The Help In Advance!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, DirtMegirt, Jul-16-07 08:34 AM, #1
RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, Domestic Killer, Jul-16-07 10:37 AM, #2
      RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, R34Eclipse, Jul-16-07 12:38 PM, #3
           RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, djtrickee, Jul-16-07 12:41 PM, #4
                RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, talon749, Jul-17-07 08:47 AM, #5
                     RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, foggy45, Jul-17-07 12:08 PM, #6
                     RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, Domestic Killer, Jul-18-07 01:06 PM, #7
                          RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, djtrickee, Jul-18-07 02:42 PM, #8
                          RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, Nightfall, Jul-19-07 04:20 AM, #9
                          RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, talon749, Jul-19-07 09:16 AM, #10
                               RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, nicho919, Aug-15-09 02:57 AM, #11
                                    RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-15-09 08:51 AM, #12
                                         RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????, Moderatorteklein, Aug-18-09 06:42 PM, #13

DirtMegirtJul-16-07 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99360, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 0

I also have never seen anything stock in that location. I believe that it is just a blank.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Domestic KillerJul-16-07 10:37 AM
67 posts,
#99362, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 1

I Have (and still am!!!) Looked At A Crap Load Of Photos Of Dodge Avenger, Chrystler Sebring, Eagle Talon And Mitsubishi Eclipse's. None Of Them Have Any Thing Stock In The Last Spot. I Think I Am Going To Start Calling Dealers And Asking If There Was A Dealer Option That Went There. That Spot Had To Be For Something Or For One Certain Car.

R34EclipseJul-16-07 12:38 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#99363, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 2

vert top isnt it?

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex
-----------------------------------

djtrickeeJul-16-07 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#99364, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
vert top isnt it?

Nope.
It is nothing. Never has been, never will be. It is a blank.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

talon749Jul-17-07 08:47 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#99365, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-17-07 08:56 AM by talon749

yeah it would look pretty stupid without the blank, as demonstrated in this photoshop I did

or a popular option

it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

foggy45Jul-17-07 12:08 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#99366, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 5

mine houses a spiffy alarm light, although it could be wired for VETEC!! engagement lol

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Domestic KillerJul-18-07 01:06 PM
67 posts,
#99372, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by talon749
or a popular option it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car

Nice Try But To Me That Looks Like Another Photo Shop Pic. Top Button And Bottom Button Have The Same Scratches In The Same Spot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

djtrickeeJul-18-07 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#99373, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Originally posted by talon749 or a popular option http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/impreza749/CELBUTTON.jp g it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car
Nice Try But To Me That Looks Like Another Photo Shop Pic. Top Button And Bottom Button Have The Same Scratches In The Same Spot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously. You're kidding right?

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

NightfallJul-19-07 04:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#99376, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 8

Lol^ Wouldn't one of those other switches work in that space? Maybe you could sand the top layer down to the transparent plastic, put a small sticker of something on there, paint it and remove the sticker? Hmmm now I have to try something...

talon749Jul-19-07 09:16 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#99377, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Originally posted by talon749 or a popular option it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car

wow, really?

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

nicho919Aug-15-09 02:57 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2009
93 posts,
#103882, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 10

Hate to drag up a topic from the dead, but is it possible to grab a hazard or defrost switch out of another car and use that to control something? If possible, I would like to use it to control the heated seats I'm putting in. How does the switch mount inside the console? Is the unit sealed? I've never seen it out of the car.

I'm broke, it's broken. I'm broke because it's broken. It's broken because I'm broke.

Simplicity Car Club - Founding Member

RoninEclipse2GAug-15-09 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103883, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 11
Aug-15-09 08:51 AM by RoninEclipse2G

I believe the hazzard switch could be used for something else. It just unclips from the back of the bezel. I wouldn't use a defroster switch because that has a thermo-time switch in it to prevent the defrost circuit from burning out.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinAug-18-09 06:42 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#103888, "RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I believe the hazzard switch could be used for something else. It just unclips from the back of the bezel. I wouldn't use a defroster switch because that has a thermo-time switch in it to prevent the defrost circuit from burning out.

It should be able to.

Ohm it out to find the "on" wire on the switch, then make that signal a relay.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99359 Previous topic | Next topic