Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectHazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=99359
99359, Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by Domestic Killer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok In All The Pics That I Can Find No One Has A Switch In The Spot Under The Defroster. Does Any One Know What Switch Goes Here????????

Thanks For The Help In Advance!

99360, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I also have never seen anything stock in that location. I believe that it is just a blank.
99362, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
I Have (and still am!!!) Looked At A Crap Load Of Photos Of Dodge Avenger, Chrystler Sebring, Eagle Talon And Mitsubishi Eclipse's. None Of Them Have Any Thing Stock In The Last Spot. I Think I Am Going To Start Calling Dealers And Asking If There Was A Dealer Option That Went There. That Spot Had To Be For Something Or For One Certain Car.
99363, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by R34Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
vert top isnt it?
99364, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by R34Eclipse
vert top isnt it?

Nope.
It is nothing. Never has been, never will be. It is a blank.
99365, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by talon749, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah it would look pretty stupid without the blank, as demonstrated in this photoshop I did

or a popular option

it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car
99366, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mine houses a spiffy alarm light, although it could be wired for VETEC!! engagement lol
99372, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Originally posted by talon749
or a popular option it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car

Nice Try But To Me That Looks Like Another Photo Shop Pic. Top Button And Bottom Button Have The Same Scratches In The Same Spot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
99373, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Originally posted by talon749 or a popular option http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/impreza749/CELBUTTON.jp g it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car
Nice Try But To Me That Looks Like Another Photo Shop Pic. Top Button And Bottom Button Have The Same Scratches In The Same Spot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously. You're kidding right?
99376, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by Nightfall, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol^ Wouldn't one of those other switches work in that space? Maybe you could sand the top layer down to the transparent plastic, put a small sticker of something on there, paint it and remove the sticker? Hmmm now I have to try something...
99377, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by talon749, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Originally posted by talon749 or a popular option it just reminded you that your car was fucked up, you pushed it to tell it to shut up. Good for those not running a EGR, EVAP, or those of us that just don't car

wow, really?
103882, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by nicho919, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hate to drag up a topic from the dead, but is it possible to grab a hazard or defrost switch out of another car and use that to control something? If possible, I would like to use it to control the heated seats I'm putting in. How does the switch mount inside the console? Is the unit sealed? I've never seen it out of the car.
103883, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I believe the hazzard switch could be used for something else. It just unclips from the back of the bezel. I wouldn't use a defroster switch because that has a thermo-time switch in it to prevent the defrost circuit from burning out.
103888, RE: Hazard, Defrost, Rear Widow Washer And Air Vent Bezel. What Switch????
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I believe the hazzard switch could be used for something else. It just unclips from the back of the bezel. I wouldn't use a defroster switch because that has a thermo-time switch in it to prevent the defrost circuit from burning out.

It should be able to.

Ohm it out to find the "on" wire on the switch, then make that signal a relay.
I generated this page in 0.010625123977661 seconds, executing 7 queries.