Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #598
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTF is this???" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiMar-24-06 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#598, "WTF is this???"

There is a box right here. I haven't traced all the lines that are coming in, but it is severely blocking the route where I need to run my intercooler piping. What is the box behind the bumper here, and can it be removed?

Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WTF is this???, BigBald, Mar-24-06 08:27 AM, #1
RE: WTF is this???, FlyinEsi, Mar-24-06 08:51 AM, #2
      RE: WTF is this???, 97eclipse97, Mar-24-06 09:03 AM, #3
           RE: WTF is this???, BigBald, Mar-24-06 09:47 AM, #4
                RE: WTF is this???, FlyinEsi, Mar-24-06 10:21 AM, #5
                     RE: WTF is this???, mike_d, Mar-24-06 11:12 AM, #6
                          RE: WTF is this???, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-24-06 12:53 PM, #7
                               RE: WTF is this???, ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-24-06 07:15 PM, #8
                                    RE: WTF is this???, destruckeclipse, Mar-24-06 07:18 PM, #9
                                         RE: WTF is this???, RST95eclipse, Mar-24-06 09:04 PM, #10
                                              RE: WTF is this???, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-24-06 11:18 PM, #11
                                                   RE: WTF is this???, DSMxTSi, Mar-25-06 04:16 AM, #12
                                                        RE: WTF is this???, RST95eclipse, Mar-25-06 02:12 PM, #13

BigBaldMar-24-06 08:27 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#599, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like an oil cooler. What color is it? Are the lines running to the oil filter housing?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiMar-24-06 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#600, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BigBald
sounds like an oil cooler. What color is it? Are the lines running to the oil filter housing?

I thought the oil cooler was attached to the oil filter housing??? It is just a black box with like 4 lines running into it.

97eclipse97Mar-24-06 09:03 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#601, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Originally posted by BigBald sounds like an oil cooler. What color is it? Are the lines running to the oil filter housing?
I thought the oil cooler was attached to the oil filter housing??? It is just a black box with like 4 lines running into it.

The oil cooler is attached to the filter housing, so that is not it. Where exactly is it located, and what kind of lines are running to it (hard lines, vaccuum lines...)? I have no clue what would have 4 lines running to it behind the bumper...

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

BigBaldMar-24-06 09:47 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#602, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 3

What do you mean attached? The have lines running the the oil filter housing. Should only be two lines though....not 4.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiMar-24-06 10:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#603, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 4

It has hard lines running into it. I'll have to check how many when I get off work. I walked out to my car and looked real quick but I didn't have enough time left on my lunch break to spend any time there. It looks like it might be A/C related???? Any ideas? Someone else suggested it might be a charcoal canister, for the exhaust? WTF?

Any help is appreciated...I really need to relocated this box or run my piping all the way around it.

mike_dMar-24-06 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#604, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 5

Evap canister maybe? I know on the NT's its on the passenger side not shure where they are on the 4G63s.

95 Talon ESi-T

TeamJeff_99gsMar-24-06 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#605, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 6

ABS is there on 2Gs. What kind of lines are running into it? Metal or rubber/plastic?

ModeratoreclipzGSTMar-24-06 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#606, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
ABS is there on 2Gs. What kind of lines are running into it? Metal or rubber/plastic?

Thats probably what is is. I didn't have ABS so there was no "black box" either. My chiltons is out in the garage and I don't feel like running out there. But 4 lines, four wheels... sounds about right to me.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

destruckeclipseMar-24-06 07:18 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#607, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-24-06 07:19 PM by destruckeclipse

Yup, manual says its part of the ABS system.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

RST95eclipseMar-24-06 09:04 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#608, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 9

I have reason to believe that it is a transmission cooler. My automatic has it in the same spot. It's black and one of the hardlines runs from it in-back of the radiator to the other side of the car, then angles up towards the transmission, correct?

TeamJeff_99gsMar-24-06 11:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#609, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by RST95eclipse
I have reason to believe that it is a transmission cooler. My automatic has it in the same spot. It's black and one of the hardlines runs from it in-back of the radiator to the other side of the car, then angles up towards the transmission, correct?

That is only on Auto cars though.

DSMxTSiMar-25-06 04:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#610, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 11
Mar-25-06 04:17 AM by DSMxTSi

Yep, sounds like the ABS box. I thought it was little higher though. I doubt you really want to relocate that, unless you delete the entire ABS system.

RST95eclipseMar-25-06 02:12 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#611, "RE: WTF is this???"
In response to Reply # 12

My ABS box is bronze colored and is as close to the front fender as you can get (if this is giving you trouble, then I think that the power steering canister is as well). If that's what's giving you trouble, why don't you run your plumbing under the frame rail to goes to support the front bumper to avoid all of that mess?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #598 Previous topic | Next topic