Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1771
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nice to see a 420a site" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
DarkrockerOct-22-10 11:03 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2010
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1771, "Nice to see a 420a site"

Hey guys, I've noticed this site before but I just decided to sign up now. I'm not crazy about the way it's layed out but I got to say the wealth of information is well worth it. I got my 97 GS back in July and it didn't take me long to notice that information wise, 95% of all the resources out there favor the turbo models (even my chilton manual lol). Which is a bummer because some things are set up quiet differently. This site is a breath of fresh air. Only 5 minutes of browsing the wiki and I've already found answers/diagrams to stuff I've been looking for since I got the damn car back in July . I'll definitely be sticking around.

97 Eclipse GS - BD "Barely Driver"
Slowly bringing it back from the dead.
And yes for the 38th time, I know it's not fast... yet.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
740 turbo brickOct-22-10 11:42 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1772, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to 2GNT. Youre a lot less likely to be told youre wasting your time and to buy a 4G63 here.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DarkrockerOct-22-10 02:09 PM
9 posts,
#1773, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, and yeah I'm also on another DSM forum where anytime you mention building a 420a the answer is always "sell it". Right now I still got a lot of repairs and what not to take care of before I can even begin to think about turbocharging it.

740 turbo brickOct-22-10 05:56 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#1774, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 2

Just take it a day at a time. Trust me. Ive had my 95 for 3 years now. When I bought it it was completely bone stock and in disrepair. Today it has the 2nd highest verifiable all motor horsepower from a 420A, it looks a hell of a lot cleaner than it was when I brought it home. Just focus on cleaning it up, getting all the maintenance taken care of, and start buying go fast goodies, it will be a blast to drive before you know it.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

DarkrockerOct-22-10 10:44 PM
9 posts,
#1775, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 3

Yep just taking it as it comes. It's just tough to put a lot of time and money into getting her running just right when I'm the only one that notices those little improvements, and it still looks like crap lol. Next on the list is new brake pads/rotors all around and probably a new caliper.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-24-10 12:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1776, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-24-10 12:55 AM by DarkOne

Welcome to 2GNT!

What about the layout bothers you? I can offer suggestions, or if its something easy, fix it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

DarkrockerOct-24-10 01:02 AM
9 posts,
#1777, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks

And I've definitely gotten a better feel for it now, it's not nearly as annoying now that I know where all the "tricks" are. It's just a bit different than the forums I'm used to. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-24-10 01:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1778, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 6

It's cool. If you have any questions, I'm here to help.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

FotowntalonOct-24-10 11:46 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#1779, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Welcome to 2GNT. Youre a lot less likely to be told youre wasting your time and to buy a 4G63 here.

+1
I felt the same way as you with the layout,I was so use to dsmtuners which seemed more user friendly, but you get use to it quickly. Welcome, enjoy and remember even though the 4g63 guys say you could be investing that money in a faster 4g63, we can just reply, with all that money i am saving on repairs i am making my car faster =P

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

DarkrockerOct-24-10 01:06 PM
9 posts,
#1780, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 8

Lol yeah at this point I'm confident that once I take care off all the neglected maintenance/little repairs this car will be able to meet my HP goals for about the difference of what it would be to buy a GSX. I only wish I had AWD but oh well I'll live. (who knows if I hold on to the car for a while and build it up just the way I want, maybe I'll do the conversion XD)

dalesmitsuDec-11-10 03:10 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#1849, "RE: Nice to see a 420a site"
In response to Reply # 0

welcome

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1771 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic