Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectNice to see a 420a site
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=1771
1771, Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by Darkrocker, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, I've noticed this site before but I just decided to sign up now. I'm not crazy about the way it's layed out but I got to say the wealth of information is well worth it. I got my 97 GS back in July and it didn't take me long to notice that information wise, 95% of all the resources out there favor the turbo models (even my chilton manual lol). Which is a bummer because some things are set up quiet differently. This site is a breath of fresh air. Only 5 minutes of browsing the wiki and I've already found answers/diagrams to stuff I've been looking for since I got the damn car back in July :D. I'll definitely be sticking around.
1772, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome to 2GNT. Youre a lot less likely to be told youre wasting your time and to buy a 4G63 here.
1773, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Thanks, and yeah I'm also on another DSM forum where anytime you mention building a 420a the answer is always "sell it". Right now I still got a lot of repairs and what not to take care of before I can even begin to think about turbocharging it.
1774, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just take it a day at a time. Trust me. Ive had my 95 for 3 years now. When I bought it it was completely bone stock and in disrepair. Today it has the 2nd highest verifiable all motor horsepower from a 420A, it looks a hell of a lot cleaner than it was when I brought it home. Just focus on cleaning it up, getting all the maintenance taken care of, and start buying go fast goodies, it will be a blast to drive before you know it.
1775, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Yep just taking it as it comes. It's just tough to put a lot of time and money into getting her running just right when I'm the only one that notices those little improvements, and it still looks like crap lol. Next on the list is new brake pads/rotors all around and probably a new caliper.
1776, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome to 2GNT!

What about the layout bothers you? I can offer suggestions, or if its something easy, fix it.
1777, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Thanks

And I've definitely gotten a better feel for it now, it's not nearly as annoying now that I know where all the "tricks" are. It's just a bit different than the forums I'm used to. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
1778, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
It's cool. If you have any questions, I'm here to help.
1779, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Welcome to 2GNT. Youre a lot less likely to be told youre wasting your time and to buy a 4G63 here.

+1
I felt the same way as you with the layout,I was so use to dsmtuners which seemed more user friendly, but you get use to it quickly. Welcome, enjoy and remember even though the 4g63 guys say you could be investing that money in a faster 4g63, we can just reply, with all that money i am saving on repairs i am making my car faster =P
1780, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Lol yeah at this point I'm confident that once I take care off all the neglected maintenance/little repairs this car will be able to meet my HP goals for about the difference of what it would be to buy a GSX. I only wish I had AWD but oh well I'll live. (who knows if I hold on to the car for a while and build it up just the way I want, maybe I'll do the conversion XD)
1849, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
welcome
1855, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Well since you took the time to welcome me after all this time, I'll take the time to tell you my GS is gone. Spun a rod bearing, with all its other problems it definitely needed a new engine. And since the body wasn't in great shape and I couldn't afford an engine swap she went to that big junk yard in the sky =/.
1857, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Posted by Shake_Zulla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A moment of silence boys...
1858, RE: Nice to see a 420a site
Originally posted by Darkrocker
Well since you took the time to welcome me after all this time, I'll take the time to tell you my GS is gone. Spun a rod bearing, with all its other problems it definitely needed a new engine. And since the body wasn't in great shape and I couldn't afford an engine swap she went to that big junk yard in the sky =/.

Too bad...
I generated this page in 0.015367031097412 seconds, executing 7 queries.