Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #97588
View in threaded mode

Subject: "first treadstone turbo car" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
darkclarkOct-04-06 05:16 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97588, "first treadstone turbo car"
Oct-04-06 05:17 AM by darkclark

i believe i am the first 2gnt with tis kit i bought it during August before it was put it on the treadstone preformance site i just got it running and was making a note of new 2gnt products love it so far it has a nice fluttery blow off beat a na 300zx and a few 5liter firebirds on 7lbs of boost here is a pic

http://imageshack.us>

i only blew my 420a 0nce

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-04-06 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97589, "RE: first treadstone turbo car"
In response to Reply # 0

It's a STAR kit.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrOct-04-06 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#97591, "RE: first treadstone turbo car"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
It's a STAR kit.

Yep, amazing how much cheaper it is when you just cast a manifold without the "STAR" logo on it

Take a pic looking down at the kit.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

darkclarkOct-04-06 09:13 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
75 posts,
#97600, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 2

yes it is similar to the star kit but not as much as alot of guys have been saying although the holes in the manifold are in same places i is obviosly not cast from same mold as i have heard a few say will post an engine pic when i get home from classes but if you cant wait there are som pics of it in my other posts in the turbo forum

i only blew my 420a 0nce

KirbyOct-04-06 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#97602, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-04-06 09:43 AM by Kirby

I love the R&D that went into the fitment of that IC. Do you ever park this car in a parking lot? I hope you don't scrape the pipes off the thing. I'm not talking trash here either, you should get that thing sitting higher, or else be extreemly careful not so scrape that front end..
Found your other pics though, I do like your mani better than the star, and it looks like the fitment is a little better. Starr has shit for quality control..

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

hybridrstOct-04-06 11:16 AM
Member since Aug 08th 2006
119 posts,
#97605, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 4

what all was missing from the kit when u bought it or did it come with everything

WIDECLIPSEOct-04-06 11:27 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#97606, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 5

Here's a link to the kit.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=235&cat_key=12&prodname=420a+Turbo+kit+95-99+Eclipse+Talon

-Roman

BumpinTalonOct-04-06 11:50 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#97607, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 6

That FMIC is awful man, but other then that it looks alright.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

BlackMagicOct-04-06 11:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#97609, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-04-06 12:13 PM by BlackMagic

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
That FMIC is awful man, but other then that it looks alright.

Just because it sits a little low doesn't mean it's awful. I bet it gets the job done. I think I remember reading in corky bell that the vertical flows with more, shorter passage ways are more efficient anyways.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

WIDECLIPSEOct-04-06 12:00 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#97610, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 8

He could just mount it higher...

-Roman

eclipse982nrRSTOct-04-06 12:11 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#97611, "RE: more pics soon"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
He could just mount it higher...

x2

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #97588 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic