Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85749
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
GSGoinFastMay-08-05 06:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85749, "Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"

Well for those who didnt see it in my other thread, heres a link to my Custom turbo kit assembly and install write up. all in all cost me less then $1000. let me know what you think, and any pointers you might have.

ya ya its on tuners, deal with it. http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181134

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
tim97rsMay-08-05 07:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85750, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 0

shit! For a grand...nice job! and nice write up!
that should be stickyed somewhere!!!!

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMRoadsterMay-08-05 07:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#85751, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 0

send it to Dino so he can add it to the modifications section.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

GSGoinFastMay-09-05 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#85756, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks guys

Ill PM dino with the link to see if he would want to do that. thanks for the comments, keep the comments/opinions coming coming.

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

totaleklipse97May-09-05 06:19 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#85757, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey nice job there for piecing one together. Just show with some ingenuity and know-how you can do ALOT. How's the tuning process going?

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

GSGoinFastMay-09-05 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#85759, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Hey nice job there for piecing one together. Just show with some ingenuity and know-how you can do ALOT. How's the tuning process going?

Tuning?? lol jk. right now ive got the s-afc set to 0% correction, and since im running the same fuel set-up as the star kit, tuning isnt a NECESSITY right now. im gonna get a wide band and bigger injectors and tune it with the s-afc until i get my MSnS. but since im only running 3-4 psi right now, im fine. once i get the intercooler hooked up im gonna crank her up to 7-8 and tune her there.

keep it coming guys

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

PowerEclipsesMay-09-05 07:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#85762, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 5

nice job man! lil sketchy on that IC piping haha, but im sure you will make something better later on

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

djtrickeeMay-09-05 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#85763, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 6

I like it. There is much joy in piecing something together and seeing it actually work. Congratu-fucking-lations, you are now doomed like the rest of us to chase that boost dragon for just a little more.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

GSGoinFastMay-09-05 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#85764, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 6
May-09-05 08:02 AM by GSGoinFast

Originally posted by PowerEclipses
nice job man! lil sketchy on that IC piping haha, but im sure you will make something better later on

yes those charge pipes are completely temporary, because i have an smic bolted on, i just have to make the piping. does anyone know where i can get Mandre 2" ID u bends?

Originally posted by djtrickeeI like it. There is much joy in piecing something together and seeing it actually work. Congratu-fucking-lations, you are now doomed like the rest of us to chase that boost dragon for just a little more.

Haha yep i hear ya. i made my own boost controller the other night so i can raise the boost when the IC gets hooked up.

thanks guys. let me know if anything is unclear in the write up or whatever else you want to say

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

onetravMay-09-05 08:43 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#85767, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 8
May-09-05 08:44 AM by onetrav

Nice man. Very creative. I pieced mine together as well but I also upgraded everything along they way and it cost me a little more! LOL. Good job man. I built my manifold almost EXACTLY the same way but I used a little bigger pipe and my turbo flange is in the middle.

-Travis

pr0May-09-05 05:39 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
288 posts,
#85796, "RE: Here's my custom stage 2 turbo kit for under $1000 write-up"
In response to Reply # 9

Now I can build a custom kit for my next project

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #85749 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic