Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78002
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Another problem with the turbo kit..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiOct-12-04 12:00 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78002, "Another problem with the turbo kit..."

A problem after another...I thought everything was all set after fixing the rest of the stuff...but now the most unexpected dilemna comes from the turbo itself. The turbo is leaking greats amount of oil from one of five bolts. I tightened all of the bolts but it still leaks the same amount. Could this be a problem from the bolts? I used a washer before the bolt but that didnt help. ive also used teflon but no change...any idea?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-12-04 01:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78009, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-12-04 01:24 PM by DarkOne

What bolt? What turbo?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ducking_FumbassOct-12-04 02:25 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#78014, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 1

One of the bolts in his neck, Dino.

bokchoiOct-12-04 09:09 PM
412 posts,
#78036, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 2

the t3/t4 from the star kit. One of the bolts that hold the adjustment for the turbo to rotate. SOrry, I dont really know how to describe it.

eclipse_99rsOct-13-04 01:53 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#78040, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 3

You mean the bolts that you can take out to spin the compressor housing around?

myspace.com/coastiecobb

bokchoiOct-13-04 07:28 AM
412 posts,
#78059, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 4

yes sir. Could it be a blown seal or something? I used teflon to see if it would help and it still leaks but not as severely. Should I just use slightly bigger threads on bolts?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-13-04 07:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#78061, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 5

There is no way oil should be coming from any of those bolts. None of them enter the bearing catridge in such a way that coil could ever leak from them. You likely have a bad turbo, or a blown seal causing oil tro leak into the housing, and drain around that bolt. Check for oil in the IC piping, downpipe, whichever side it is leaking from.

A picture would help too.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

bokchoiOct-13-04 07:46 AM
412 posts,
#78063, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 6

Sorry, I only have a camera image of it. Well, it was leaking from these bolts, but only the the bolt from under (cant see). Yeah, I thought it was weird too and I wouldn't have expected an oil leak from there.

eclipse_99rsOct-13-04 08:34 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#78070, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 7

If i were you i would take it out and take it apart to see if there is a seal inside that is damaged. Dont put anyother bolts in it, all you'll do is mess up the threads.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

TeametxOct-13-04 09:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#78079, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 8

Yep, sounds like the turbo is blown.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-13-04 10:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#78084, "RE: Another problem with the turbo kit..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by etx
Yep, sounds like the turbo is blown.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78002 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic