Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55862
View in threaded mode

Subject: "abs IC Pipeing?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
extreme97ntSep-09-03 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55862, "abs IC Pipeing?"

I just had a thought. Would making IC pipeing out of abs lower the intake temps? I am thingkig this because I dont think plastic would adsorb heat as much as metal. It is probably a stupid Idea but its worth asking. What do ya think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
turbo8uSep-09-03 02:40 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55863, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 0

i think you should use bent alluminum piping with a high temp coating
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

extreme97ntSep-09-03 02:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#55864, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 1

Aluminum pipeing would reflect more heat than metal? I have chrome plated metal pipes now.

turbo8uSep-09-03 02:54 PM
10552 posts,
#55865, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 2

alluminum disipates heat very well, its light... and with a high temp coating the air inside the pipes will stay reasonably cooler than the air surrounding it. make sure u get a high temp coating on it though....it helps a lot

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

lickscissorsSep-09-03 03:10 PM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#55866, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 3

I was just at ace hardware and thought of this today....would 2" abs piping work for intercooler piping?...im only going to run 5psi through a 14b.....would this be ok?...it sure would be a lot cheaper....
doug

TeamMichael_97RSSep-09-03 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#55867, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 3

Like JetHot coating, ceramic inside and out.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

turbo8uSep-09-03 03:14 PM
10552 posts,
#55868, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 4

>I was just at ace hardware and thought of this today....would
>2" abs piping work for intercooler piping?...im only going to
>run 5psi through a 14b.....would this be ok?...it sure would
>be a lot cheaper....
>doug

im sure it would, ive seen people with pvc intercooler pipes so u never know whats abs pipes by the way? what does abs stand for..somethin bent steel? sorry for the dodo question, just never heard of that before

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DirtySep-09-03 03:15 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#55869, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 4

It might be alright for low boost settings. I also think its more lightweight too. I'm still gonna go with the good shit though.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

extreme97ntSep-09-03 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#55870, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 5

abs is like pvc but it alot lighter and is black in color. Where is a good place ot get aluminum piping for my star kit?

turbo8uSep-09-03 03:22 PM
10552 posts,
#55871, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 8

i made my pipesat a friends exhaust shop so they hooked up me. my old pipes were bent fence poles from lowes, lol i went out and bought a 6 foot pole and did wonders...but it was just to heavy or piping, wasnt needed... im not sure where you can get alluminum piping

anyone?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

lickscissorsSep-09-03 03:42 PM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#55880, "RE: abs IC Pipeing?"
In response to Reply # 9

thats what i meant....would pvc hold up?...would it be too hot for just 5psi or would it be ok.....

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55862 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic