Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #49737
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question" Previous topic | Next topic
MR BLUNT 2gntMay-30-03 08:06 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49737, "Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question"

ok i had my turbo sent back for warranty work(bearing failure) and i just got it back..to begin w/ the compressor housing is polished, bling bling, it looks great! i'm looking at the packageing and it reads, T04E54/Stg II .63...now my turbo that was sent to them was a Star Stage 2 E-Trim...my understanding was it had a .63ar w/ 50 trim wheel...so now i get one back w/ a stage 2 housing, which they have standard and stages 2 & 3 according to their website, and it says 54...so my turbo may have an upgraded compressor wheel and a "stage 2" turbine housing...did i get a better flowing turbo back from them?? i guess im kind of confused most about stage 2 housing first of all, and it looks like it does have a bigger compressor wheel which equals more cfm yes? just wanting to know if i should call these guys and ask for the same thing or did i get a better deal?

400whp or bust.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamDeanoDMay-31-03 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49755, "RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question"
In response to Reply # 0

Keep it, this is a better turbo than you sent them. It will require more fuel than your previous T3/T04E 40 trim that comes with the Star Kit with the E trim option.

I plan on upgrading to a 50 trim compressor in the future. They are efficient at low or high boost and flow really well.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Matt_95tgsMay-31-03 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#49760, "RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question"
In response to Reply # 1

Yep, you got yerself a real nice turbo. I'd be quiet and be happy if I were you

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

MR BLUNT 2gntJun-01-03 06:28 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#49776, "RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question"
In response to Reply # 2

well we did a little measuring on the inlet and it seems as though this one only has a 2 1/2(maybe 3/4) inlet when my other a 3 inch...i am going to call turbonetics and speak w/ a tech just to get some info on a turbo that i am thinking of buying.. ...i wonder how i can have a bigger compressor wheel but a smaller inlet??? odd...i guess i'll call them on monday to see whats up..hopefully i can get some useful info out of it

400whp or bust.

Justin99RSJun-01-03 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#49791, "RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question"
In response to Reply # 3

well....i just got my turbo kit...i had ordered the standard B-trim turbo....and i get almost the same thing as you did....the stage 2 turbine with an Etrim, 50 compressor wheel with polished housing....mmmm yea gotta love it..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #49737 Previous topic | Next topic