Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectJust got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=49737
49737, Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i had my turbo sent back for warranty work(bearing failure) and i just got it back..to begin w/ the compressor housing is polished, bling bling, it looks great! i'm looking at the packageing and it reads, T04E54/Stg II .63...now my turbo that was sent to them was a Star Stage 2 E-Trim...my understanding was it had a .63ar w/ 50 trim wheel...so now i get one back w/ a stage 2 housing, which they have standard and stages 2 & 3 according to their website, and it says 54...so my turbo may have an upgraded compressor wheel and a "stage 2" turbine housing...did i get a better flowing turbo back from them?? i guess im kind of confused most about stage 2 housing first of all, and it looks like it does have a bigger compressor wheel which equals more cfm yes? just wanting to know if i should call these guys and ask for the same thing or did i get a better deal?
49755, RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Posted by DeanoD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep it, this is a better turbo than you sent them. It will require more fuel than your previous T3/T04E 40 trim that comes with the Star Kit with the E trim option.

I plan on upgrading to a 50 trim compressor in the future. They are efficient at low or high boost and flow really well.

49760, RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yep, you got yerself a real nice turbo. I'd be quiet and be happy if I were you ;)
49776, RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well we did a little measuring on the inlet and it seems as though this one only has a 2 1/2(maybe 3/4) inlet when my other a 3 inch...i am going to call turbonetics and speak w/ a tech just to get some info on a turbo that i am thinking of buying...:P ...i wonder how i can have a bigger compressor wheel but a smaller inlet??? odd...i guess i'll call them on monday to see whats up..hopefully i can get some useful info out of it
49791, RE: Just got turbo back from Turbonetics and i have a question
Posted by Justin99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well....i just got my turbo kit...i had ordered the standard B-trim turbo....and i get almost the same thing as you did....the stage 2 turbine with an Etrim, 50 compressor wheel with polished housing....mmmm yea gotta love it..
I generated this page in 0.014639854431152 seconds, executing 7 queries.