Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47057
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
Matt_95tgsApr-19-03 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47057, "Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."

I spent the entire day at VT Competition Engine Development today for the Michigan Club DSM meet. XtremeRS was there as well and helped me tune my car, and vis versa (thanks bro). It was awesome weather and I had a great time. Early on in the day i did my 1st pull on the dyno and I cant remember the numbers, but XtremeRS has pics that I'm sure he can post up . Later on that evening, I put it back on the dyno and tuned it with a wideband for about 2-3 hours. I must've made almost 20 pulls trying to get it perfect. At the end of the night, my best pull was 264 hp and 279 ft/lbs of torque at 14-15 psi of boost. I wanted to turn it up to 18 psi of boost with race gas, but I had too much fuel left in my tank to drain out. Anyway, I had a blast and I thought I'd just share some numbers. Matt, feel free to post up some pics .

B.T.W. VT gave me a price for built shortblocks for you guys....... $1670 for JE pistons, eagle rods, yada yada (same as howell's bottom end) including all machine work with a deck plate, balancing, blueprinting and assembly. Not too shabby eh .

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
95 silver gsApr-19-03 08:49 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47059, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 0

You got a badass setup going i wish my car is where your car is at i got most of the parts just to lazy and not enough time in a day and not smart about all the turbo stuff yet. Thanks for all your help i left you feedback.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimApr-19-03 09:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#47061, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome!

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

TeamXtremeRSApr-20-03 05:33 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#47076, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-20-03 05:40 AM by XtremeRS

Yeah, that was a lot of fun out there!! Had a really good turnout, good food, and nothing but talkin about cars One of the first gen DSM masterminds put down close to 500 HP to the wheels! A big ass turbo, 27 psi, and an 80 shot of n2o..watching that on the dyno was scary haha. Wow, matt, you must have been over there for a while after i left, looks like you picked up more power. We tuned his setup for 15 psi in about 40 minutes, and made 250 HP to the wheels. Not bad for barely any tuning. We also got my car up and boosting to 10 psi..all i can say is damn, that cylinder head is badddd asssss :o
Here are some pics of Matt_95tgs's dyno run.

Getting the car strapped down

Running on the dyno

A snapshot of the computer screen after his very first run of the day

The graph peeks right at the 250HP mark. Well matt, looks like you gained 14HP from some tuning! 15 psi feels good. Very good. That equals over 300HP to the crank for sure :o

VT has an AWSOME shop out there. If there was anyone i would trust my engine too, it would be these guys. For around 1700 bucks for a fully built block with all the goodies? Hell yeah! Plus, their diamond stone honing, makes ring break in almost non existant. My rings were prob broken in within 50 miles..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

fly1Apr-20-03 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47080, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 3

Excellent number Glad to hear everything's going well. Wow! You got almost 20 dyno pulls? That's awesome.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

StraussApr-20-03 06:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#47081, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 4

Good numberrs Matt XtremeRS needs to get his car on the dyno with 10psi for the hell of it......sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

pn0ymahalApr-20-03 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#47083, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 4

hey guys, did you check the hp gain by using the ert dp over the stock dp? i thought you guys where going to do that?... so are you guys going to send/go over to ert to finish up the dp soon?
hehe as you can tell i cant wait...
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild
2GNT Member #32

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Matt_95tgsApr-20-03 07:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#47084, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 6

I will be changing out the ert downpipe and dynoing with the stock one again later in the week. It took a long time to get the car tuned, so we ran out of time to change out the ert dp and do it again. As you can see from the dyno graph there, I was pig rich at high rpms. I wound up leaning out a lot up top and it straightened up that curve alot.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

TeamXtremeRSApr-20-03 07:08 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#47085, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 5

>Good numberrs Matt XtremeRS needs to get his car
>on the dyno with 10psi for the hell of it......sounds like you
>guys had a lot of fun!

Well i was getting lots of peer pressure to put my car on the dyno!hahah..i just wanted to wait for a bit though...you know..i just got my damn car done!, plus i didnt have the cash. I'm going to tune my car to around 12 psi, or 13, depending on how much fuel i got left. I will dyno then

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamJasonESi_TApr-20-03 07:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#47087, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 7

Very nice Matt!

I want some of your EIC numbers now!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

phrenzyApr-20-03 09:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#47090, "RE: Somebody tuned their car on the dyno tonight....."
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-20-03 09:11 AM by phrenzy

Hey Matt 95tgs,

Where is VT Competition Engine Development? Can you be more specific as to what that price is for? I assume this is with us providing them with a short block... if that's the case, I'll find one and ship it to them. Please provide contact info.

Thanks!

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47057 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic