Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #29756
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Woooo, boost while standing still... :)" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneAug-23-02 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29756, "Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"

Ok I got around to hooking up the two stage rev limiter on the Crane. I started out at 2500...nothing. Upped it 500rpm all the way to 5500rpm. I would build all of 1 whapping psi at 3500 but at 5500 I can build 5-6psi. Tomorrow I am going to try 6000 and 6500 I should hopefully be able to build 8-9psi. And I thought I had a hard time getting traction before.

Tonight coming home from my gf's house some little Integra pulls up and revs like a dumb ass. I click the on the switch and floor it, all you can hear is popopopopopopopopop HIISISISISISISSSS and I could then see the kid say "oh fuck that" and he just sat there when the light turned green.

Pure intimidation is all I have to say.

Has anyone improved there ET’s buy using a stutter box on street tires? And how much boost are you building/@ what RPM?

Thanks
Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
mitsumanAug-23-02 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29757, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry for being a tard but whats a stutter box ? hehe

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was)

-mitsuman
95 gs
Hrc stg 2(not for long)
NER customer

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JustOneAug-23-02 05:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#29758, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 1

Lets you build boost on the line so when the light goes green your already in boost. In my case I am already at 5-6 psi before the light goes green. I think I can get it up to 9 ish psi by setting it to 6500rpm.

chachiAug-23-02 05:53 PM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
198 posts,
#29759, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 2

And how long are you going to be sitting there spinning your tires ?

JustOneAug-23-02 05:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#29760, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 3

One word "slicks"

Dave_FLAug-23-02 06:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#29761, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 4

My fruiend with his gsx gets like 15 psi going and then launches it. he runs 11's/.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

bustrblue2Aug-23-02 07:22 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2002
621 posts,
#29762, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 5

even with slicks you would be spinning wouldn't you? it would help some...but with power and instant boost you'd have to spin.

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS
intake, exhaust, push button starter, painted interior, custom short shifter, and one shiny car!
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=230275
^ shows what happened to my baby

StraussAug-24-02 02:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#29763, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 6

I have my limiter set at 3500rpm....it builds about 1-2psi of boost. When I come off the cutch fast, it OBLIVORATES(sp) the tires!!!! Without slicks, the only thing that stutter box is good for is a REALLY nice smoke show! Or....of course you can always use it to scare off little bitches like that kid in the Integra

Moderator992gntAug-24-02 02:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#29764, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 7

ROTFLMAO!!! I never thought of using mine at a traffic light. I have only used mine once at the track, and I had it set too low. When I get my slicks (next week??) I'll be working on making it launch correctly. The second stage is going to be a 'soft' limiter so I don't have to lift to shift.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

JustOneAug-24-02 03:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#29765, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 8

>The second stage is going to be a
>'soft' limiter so I don't have to lift to shift.

Enlighten me...please

tia

Super20GAug-24-02 05:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29766, "RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)"
In response to Reply # 9

When my car was out of time a little cause the cam gears were too radical, when I'd be on the road I would always intimidate people on the road by hitting the 2 step and shooting flames out the back, huge, 10 ft flames, with the punch of a .223 rifle. Now with the car in time, and tuned better, it doesnt do that... kinda a bummer, but I am sure that was quite a waste of unburned fuel.

edit: btw, your supposed to use a momentary pushbutton that grounds when you push it, its easier to use if your currently using a actual on off switch.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #29756 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic