Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectWoooo, boost while standing still... :)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=29756
29756, Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by JustOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok I got around to hooking up the two stage rev limiter on the Crane. I started out at 2500...nothing. Upped it 500rpm all the way to 5500rpm. I would build all of 1 whapping psi at 3500 but at 5500 I can build 5-6psi. Tomorrow I am going to try 6000 and 6500 I should hopefully be able to build 8-9psi. And I thought I had a hard time getting traction before.

Tonight coming home from my gf's house some little Integra pulls up and revs like a dumb ass. I click the on the switch and floor it, all you can hear is popopopopopopopopop HIISISISISISISSSS and I could then see the kid say "oh fuck that" and he just sat there when the light turned green.

Pure intimidation is all I have to say.

Has anyone improved there ET’s buy using a stutter box on street tires? And how much boost are you building/@ what RPM?

Thanks
Brian
29757, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by mitsuman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry for being a tard but whats a stutter box ? hehe

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was)

-mitsuman
95 gs
Hrc stg 2(not for long)
NER customer
29758, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Lets you build boost on the line so when the light goes green your already in boost. In my case I am already at 5-6 psi before the light goes green. I think I can get it up to 9 ish psi by setting it to 6500rpm.
29759, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by chachi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And how long are you going to be sitting there spinning your tires :)?
29760, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
One word "slicks"

29761, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My fruiend with his gsx gets like 15 psi going and then launches it. he runs 11's/.
29762, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by bustrblue2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
even with slicks you would be spinning wouldn't you? it would help some...but with power and instant boost you'd have to spin.
29763, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Strauss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have my limiter set at 3500rpm....it builds about 1-2psi of boost. When I come off the cutch fast, it OBLIVORATES(sp) the tires!!!! Without slicks, the only thing that stutter box is good for is a REALLY nice smoke show! Or....of course you can always use it to scare off little bitches like that kid in the Integra :)
29764, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! I never thought of using mine at a traffic light. I have only used mine once at the track, and I had it set too low. When I get my slicks (next week??) I'll be working on making it launch correctly. The second stage is going to be a 'soft' limiter so I don't have to lift to shift.

29765, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
>The second stage is going to be a
>'soft' limiter so I don't have to lift to shift.

Enlighten me...please

tia
29766, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Super20G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When my car was out of time a little cause the cam gears were too radical, when I'd be on the road I would always intimidate people on the road by hitting the 2 step and shooting flames out the back, huge, 10 ft flames, with the punch of a .223 rifle. Now with the car in time, and tuned better, it doesnt do that... kinda a bummer, but I am sure that was quite a waste of unburned fuel.

edit: btw, your supposed to use a momentary pushbutton that grounds when you push it, its easier to use if your currently using a actual on off switch.
29767, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Enlighten me...please

Would you rather hit the ignition limiter and loose all power, or hit the 2 step and only drop every other cycle? When you leave it on the deck between shifts, it will rev up, touch the 'soft' limiter and be ready to roll (won't drop to 0 psi) when I side-step the clutch. I'll wire mine to an 'on-off' switch for use at the track only. My 'first' step is wired to a momentary toggle mounted below the radio, so I can depress it while staging. As soon as I release the switch, well you get the idea...

29768, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Dualgen2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good luck not breaking axles. You will spin no matter what. Friends AWD Stealth spins so much he traps at 138 and ran a 10.70 ET. That mph is good for 9's in an AWD. And I thought AWD couldn't spin.
-Dave
29769, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmmm...I was thinking of hooking up the "stutter box" soon. I know what it does, but can someone explain how to "operate" this at the track?

Okay, let's say I'm at the line (staging), and I have the 1st rev limiter set at 4000 RPM. So, if I hit the switch ("turn on" and the 1st rev limiter), my RPM will hold at 4K. Light turns green, I engage the clutch, and take off. My question, really is, when do I turn off the switch? Right when I'm launching? If so, won't this affect my reaction time.

Please enlighten a confused soul here. Thanks :)
29770, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a question also is this strictly with aftermarket ignitions? My manuel won't build boost at the line is this a way to make it do it? someone please help me out with this.
29771, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by Super20G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
. My
>question, really is, when do I turn off the switch? Right
>when I'm launching? If so, won't this affect my reaction
>time.

You use a momentary push button, so you enguage the clutch, and at the same time you are letting go of the pushbunton and grabbing the wheel basically. I dont really use it for anything other than to scare people on the highway or at traffic lights.
29772, RE: Woooo, boost while standing still... :)
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ahh, I see. Thanks, Brad! I'm going to hook it up this weekend.
I generated this page in 0.012255191802979 seconds, executing 7 queries.