Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #104451
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New manifold mounted. 56k forget it." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-15-08 07:03 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104451, "New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
Oct-15-08 07:19 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Still have the 50 trim mounted under it. Still waiting on a few materials to finish it off. Fired it up tonight to make sure everything is nice and sealed up tight, at 800 degrees the stainless is going to change colors....no doubt about it.

2.0 inch clearance to the hood at the highest point.

Couple pictures from the bottom of the new DP ect.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
CyexmasterOct-15-08 07:55 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104452, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 0

Damn that looks nice! enjoy it man. looks like it will put out some nice ponies.. how much boost will you be running?

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

halfasss101Oct-15-08 08:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104456, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice, wouldn't mind having that myself.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

freelancefoolOct-16-08 02:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#104460, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 0

I like the divorced wastegate. Mind if I ask how much time you have in the design and build? How did you come up with that design? Equal or unequal length on the runners?

My Blog

ModeratortekleinOct-16-08 02:44 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104461, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 3

That is fucking awesome Terry!

eclipse982nrRSTOct-16-08 03:44 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#104464, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 4

Looks pretty cool Terry. Welds look nice too for your first time tigging stainless

Will be interesting to see numbers.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-16-08 06:57 AM
8331 posts,
#104465, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks Guys.

Freelance.....the design phase has about 6-8 hours in it. Welding has another 50 hours. My welding is a little slow so someone with more skill could save 10 hours i bet.

I need a 90 degree bend for the IC pipe and I need ot make the 3" intake for the turbo as well. Turns out most of the low cost SS is gone and now we are stuck with 60.00 bends. Had a long discussion with RRE last night about it. The SS is so nice but so damn expensive.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-16-08 08:43 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#104467, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Thanks Guys. Freelance.....the design phase has about 6-8 hours in it. Welding has another 50 hours. My welding is a little slow so someone with more skill could save 10 hours i bet. I need a 90 degree bend for the IC pipe and I need ot make the 3" intake for the turbo as well. Turns out most of the low cost SS is gone and now we are stuck with 60.00 bends. Had a long discussion with RRE last night about it. The SS is so nice but so damn expensive.

Have you checked out www.acestainless.com yet Terry?

Thats where I bought all my SS for everything I do. Their prices are pretty good.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-16-08 08:49 AM
8331 posts,
#104468, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 7

Ace only has long raduis in the bends in the piece i need. I need tight radius for this particular bend.

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-16-08 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#104469, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 8

Very impressive Terry. Can't wait to see it in real life sometime.

I contributed to the Wiki.

420agreenvilleSCOct-16-08 11:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#104470, "RE: New manifold mounted. 56k forget it."
In response to Reply # 9

GD that manifold, although impressive, makes me like i dunno, cringe or something. I'm not a creative person, but if that came from your mind terry, you are gifted. loll good job, lots of work looks like

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #104451 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic