Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #65554
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
QC DSM ESiTFeb-19-04 08:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65554, "Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"

Okay I am going to get rid of the POS Cartech (a.k.a. Craptech) and I was thinking about the Chill Factory Regulator. What all should I get when buying it? Do I need the additional disks? Should I get the regulator with the tuning hardward or just the regulator? Also would this just be a direct replacement from the Craptech or would there need to be some additional installation of fuel lines? Also one more question is it good reliability wise? Thanks in advance for the help. I can't wait to get this thing!

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Diceman19Feb-20-04 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65568, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 0

get with babybeclipse and silvernt, they live by the guy and are his biggest fans. they would no better, i think babyb is running the regulator too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-20-04 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#65574, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 1

You're upgrading sideways. Open up a Chill Factory reg, wham, Cartech.

Buy an SFMU and call it a day.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

EclipseRSTFeb-20-04 07:32 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#65576, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
You're upgrading sideways. Open up a Chill Factory reg, wham, Cartech. Buy an SFMU and call it a day.

indeed

I don't think I've ever heard an S-FMU complaint.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

TeamAvengerFeb-20-04 08:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#65583, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 3

Agreed. The CF regulator has definite issues with seeing vacuum when it is the only regulator in the system(why it comes with a check vavle). At best I'd only use it in conjunction with a real FPR to control the rise rate.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

DirtyFeb-20-04 10:00 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#65588, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 4

Ahh shit..........I haven't done my fuel system yet, and now I'm seeing this. So is this thing a piece of shit? What are all the problems. I've been away for awhile and I haven't seem any previous post hating on the CF fmu yet. I didn't see them in the seach either. Whats going on with this thing?

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

QC DSM ESiTFeb-20-04 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#65592, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 2

You're upgrading sideways. Open up a Chill Factory reg, wham, Cartech. Buy an SFMU and call it a day.

So what do you guys suggest then for a SFMU? What does SFMU mean anyway?

98 Dodge Neon R/T

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-20-04 12:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#65593, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 6

It stands for Super Fuel Management Unit. It is a product of Vortech. Try a search for that, lots of info hanging around.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

QC DSM ESiTFeb-20-04 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#65616, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 7

It stands for Super Fuel Management Unit. It is a product of Vortech. Try a search for that, lots of info hanging around.

Thanks Dino

98 Dodge Neon R/T

QC DSM ESiTFeb-20-04 09:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#65618, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 8

Anyone know a good site the buy the Vortech?

98 Dodge Neon R/T

EclipseRSTFeb-20-04 09:56 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#65620, "RE: Anyone using Chill Factory regulator, need advise"
In response to Reply # 9

I think www.summitracing.com has them online. Not sure of anywhere else.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #65554 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic