Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34708
View in threaded mode

Subject: "290whp on 8psi?????" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
RyaN95i4Nov-20-02 06:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34708, "290whp on 8psi?????"

new member on asog is claiming so..
http://bbs.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=35137

info and dyno chart at:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=235177&page=1

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
widebodiedNov-20-02 06:54 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34709, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 0

i must say, that is impressive, he says that he has 4000 in the motor alone, minus the hrc kit, i wondor what that could be......

Dwayne H
A.K.A D-low
"PAID THE COST TO BE THE BOSS"

Exterior mods:
11 peice Kaminari wide body kit* custom fiber glass hood, PHAT* supra taillights* targa top* black/blue/chrome projectors* supra double stack wing w/ Carbon fiber top deck* shaved all body lines, shaved antennas.*
Suspension: Blowjax air cylinders* 3/8 inch electric valves* 1/2 inch lines* 5gallon air tank* 2 accumlators* strut bars
Rollers and stopies: 19x8 ACE menaces, chrome 225/19/35 front 275/19/35 rear AEM big brake upgrade (front Electronics (ALL): Msd ignit.
Apexi AFC *Apexi AVC-r*Apexi Rev/speed*Greddy TT*Automete A/F* Autometer Boost* Autometer volt* Autometer Fuel presure* Autometer water temp* Autometer egt*Autometer Oil presure*Autometer cluster bezel*Autometer triple pillar pod*Playstaion 2 fiberglassed in were passenger air bag used to be 7inch wide screen LCD*4 5 inch PB speakers ( 2 per door)*2 6x9 Pb speakers*
1 15inch PB extream sub* 1 1500 us amp* the whole dash, door sills,console, panes etc, is fiberglassed. the apexi components are molded in to the dash so you only can see the face (flushed)
Brand new Hrc manifold *Brand new Hrc 16g Turbo *Turboxs RFL BOV* Custom DOwn pipe 3inch 2 N1 Apexi Canisters*( the real deal, not that Ebay bullshit)race cat *
i need a good front mount intercooler, and some bodys stage 2 piping that they dont need or i will have to get it customized J.E pistons* Eagle specialty rods*5angle port and polish cam gears crane turbo cams bore TBbore intake manny maybe some High performance valves.Underdrive pullysstage 4 clutch kit*8lb flywheel*walbro 255 490cc injectors ,chasis: 8 point rollcage with removable door bar. reinforces the roof, due to the targa top

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TNov-20-02 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#34710, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 1

170 more HP from 8 psi of boost?

That's 21.25 HP per pound!

I just don't see it. However, I must say that the dyno chart looks very much like a 420a's on a 16g turbo. It just looks a lot like one that has 15-16 psi versus 8.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

StraussNov-20-02 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#34711, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 1

Honestly I don't see his car making 290whp at only 8psi on a S16G. I do not doubt his quarter mile time, 13.88 is very possible with 8psi of boost. If he very well indeed made 290whp, his boost gauge must have been off. There are very few 420A's that are making close to or over 300whp. All of these cars are pushing over 15psi, with more mods than his car. With those 310cc injectors, he wouldn't be able to run more than 12-14psi of boost.....and with his other mods I don't see 290whp coming from that amount of boost, let alone 8psi. Well, thats just my .02cents on this deal....he does have a nice ride though

RyaN95i4Nov-20-02 07:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#34712, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 3

ok, i was gonna buy the whole freak thing, BUT now he claims hes making so much power b/c hes running 105psi of fp on 310 injectors at 8psi and getting ~11.5:1 a/f (????)

he also claims that theres an increase in power at 8psi when you go from running 105psi on stock injectors to running the SAME 105psi on 310's :

if he's running 11.5:1 a/f at 105psi of fuel pressure on 310s, its pretty obvious hes not running only 8 psi

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

mkerleyNov-20-02 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#34713, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 4

Isn't the generally accepted rule that you (approximately) double your hp when you double the pressure in the cylinder? For example, atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi then run 14.7psi boost and you get 280 hp (140*2) at the crank. No way he's getting 290 hp at the wheels from 8psi boost. Sorry. Not w/ a 420a.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

fly1Nov-20-02 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34714, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 5

Things that make you go hmmmmm? I don't know about the whp at only 8 psi though.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

fullservieNov-20-02 10:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
74 posts,
#34715, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 6

with that fuel pressure and those injectors...290whp or crank at that matter is impossible. no if ands or butts. i dont even hit 105 psi w/my 310 injectors at 13 psi...actually if i hit 105 fuel psi @ 13 psi of boost the car would fall on its face and die(way too rich no matter what his set up is unless he has a huge load of "nos".)this kid just wants attention...he most likely drives his sisters mirage around and thinks he has an eclipse.
http://www.walmartphotocenter.com/photo/album/album_photo.asp?image=13839263

HRC/Custom Stage 3 bla,bla
best run yet 13.2@110mph!!!!
15psi and alot of head work
www.Flawlessmotors.com

RyaN95i4Nov-20-02 11:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#34716, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 7

More fuel for the fire:

http://bbs.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=35247

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

thedawgNov-20-02 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#34717, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 4

>he also claims that theres an increase in power at 8psi when
>you go from running 105psi on stock injectors to running the
>SAME 105psi on 310's :

Um... yeah... actually you *would* have an increased flow of gasoline through a larger injector. More fuel volume from the injector per minute directly equals more power, as long as you have the air to go along with it.

I say his boost gauge is broken. Mine (HRC/Autometer) was... it said 3psi when I was really at 8psi.

420aVengerNov-20-02 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#34718, "RE: 290whp on 8psi?????"
In response to Reply # 9

No he said the same pressure through both. If you run 105psi on stock injectors and it is tuned pretty good then you run the same pressure w/ the 30#'s then you'd have WAY too much fuel which equals LESS power. If more fuel made more power w/ the 315's then he'd have to have been rediculously lean w/ the stockers at the same pressure.

*edit* ok you edited while I was posting and added the "more air" part But w/ everything the same but injectors then you have the same amount of air. So putting in the bigger injectors at the same psi would hurt power.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #34708 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic