Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #49743
View in threaded mode

Subject: "with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranMay-31-03 06:01 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49743, "with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"

^^
my low cost set up is gonna be the smic with the wastegate at the stage one level of 5psi.

-------jezreel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
thegameMay-31-03 09:59 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49745, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure about the stage 1, but I have the stage 2 with fmic and thers a 2psi drop. I go from 7 to 5 But hopefully after I get this 3" exhaust thats sitting right next to me put on, it will help out. Who knows.....?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The1BillMay-31-03 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#49747, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 1

Where do you have your wastegate vac line connected? If it is connected before the intercooler, then you will see pressure drop. If it is connected after the intercooler, then the pressure drop will be eliminated, as the wastegate will control boost so that the set PSI is reached in relation to the manifold, and not pre-intercooler.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

BoostedGSMay-31-03 02:54 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#49749, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 2

You can always just buy a boost controller for $40-50 and turn the boost back up. Then you don't have to worry about the pressure drop.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

jsupetranMay-31-03 08:32 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#49772, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 3

CRAP

i meant the 1g smic (notice the low cost) doh!!!! NOT the hrc smic

-------jezreel

soulcontrollerMay-31-03 08:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#49774, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, i see 5-7 psi with my fmic. i should have a boost controller in the next few days to control that...

usually its a 1 psi drop through the fmic. as stated above, a boost controller easily remedies the situation.

Teamner947Jun-01-03 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#49775, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 5

i have a 1G SMIC. if i set my boost controller to 0, i see 4 psi at the man1fold with a 5 psi spring.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamXtremeRSJun-01-03 09:11 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#49782, "RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeap, 1g SMIC, using a wastegate boost source at the comrpessor, you will see a 1 psi pressure drop. If you want to eliminate this drop, run the boost line at the wastegate actuator to the intake manifold, instead of the comressor outlet fitting..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #49743 Previous topic | Next topic