Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectwith hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=49743
49743, with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
^^
my low cost set up is gonna be the smic with the wastegate at the stage one level of 5psi.

-------jezreel

49745, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not sure about the stage 1, but I have the stage 2 with fmic and thers a 2psi drop. I go from 7 to 5 x( But hopefully after I get this 3" exhaust thats sitting right next to me put on, it will help out. Who knows.....?

49747, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where do you have your wastegate vac line connected? If it is connected before the intercooler, then you will see pressure drop. If it is connected after the intercooler, then the pressure drop will be eliminated, as the wastegate will control boost so that the set PSI is reached in relation to the manifold, and not pre-intercooler.
-=B-=
49749, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by BoostedGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can always just buy a boost controller for $40-50 and turn the boost back up. Then you don't have to worry about the pressure drop.
49772, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
CRAP

i meant the 1g smic (notice the low cost) doh!!!! NOT the hrc smic

-------jezreel

49774, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, i see 5-7 psi with my fmic. i should have a boost controller in the next few days to control that...

usually its a 1 psi drop through the fmic. as stated above, a boost controller easily remedies the situation.
49775, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a 1G SMIC. if i set my boost controller to 0, i see 4 psi at the man1fold with a 5 psi spring.
49782, RE: with hrc kit, how much of a pressure drop with smic and the 5psi wastegate
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeap, 1g SMIC, using a wastegate boost source at the comrpessor, you will see a 1 psi pressure drop. If you want to eliminate this drop, run the boost line at the wastegate actuator to the intake manifold, instead of the comressor outlet fitting..
I generated this page in 0.010051965713501 seconds, executing 7 queries.