Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #94831
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Manifolds and turbos" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1997TalonNTMay-03-06 03:54 PM
Member since May 03rd 2006
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94831, "Manifolds and turbos"

Im new at the whole DSM world, i got into it from my buddy, i just purchased a 97 talon, i went to Thestreetsource.net to find a manifold for my car, they have an eclipse one can i use that on my talon and can i throw any turbo on there? preferably a T3/T4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
97eclipse97May-03-06 10:46 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94832, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 0

There are no differences between Eclipses and Talons besides the exterior (and Eclipses usually come with more options). Please use the search function. Read through all of these: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=20

You will find you have no where near enough knowlege to put any old turbo on your car. Have fun reading

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1997TalonNTMay-03-06 10:59 AM
5 posts,
#94835, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, i have a pretty good idea what im doing with help from my buddy(mitsubishi eclipse GSX owner) and my mechanic(who has 3 talon tsi awd himself) i can make it happen im just piecing a kit toghether for now, but with manifolds in relation to turbos do you need specific manifolds for specific turbos, or as long as i have a turbo manifold any turbo will fit with it.... sorry if any questions seem stupid im just trying to get any info i can before i talk to people and make myself look like an ass because i said something wrong

blakeMay-03-06 11:33 AM
Member since Feb 13th 2006
36 posts,
#94836, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 2

you jus gotta make sure the flange is right one...for instence(sp?) all mitsubishi turbos use the same flange...just mak sure it fits right

Blake

1997TalonNTMay-03-06 11:41 AM
5 posts,
#94837, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks, thats the answer i was looking for

97eclipse97May-03-06 12:08 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#94838, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 1997TalonNT
sorry if any questions seem stupid im just trying to get any info i can before i talk to people and make myself look like an ass because i said something wrong

Well, like I said, you need to do a lot of research. The questions you asked were most likely obvious to 95% of the people on this board. You can not just piece together a turbo kit if you have no idea of what does what. Besides, saying you have friends with 4g63's does not help that much. They can help bolt a turbo to your car, but I doubt they know all of the 420A specifics necessary to have a running turbo 420A. This is probably the best site for what you are trying to do. Now you need to actually use it. I suggest before you ask any more questions, you read as much as you can as to the specifics of turboing your car. Then, if you have any more questions, and you have searched and did not find the answer (not likely), then come back and ask questions. But I can almost guarantee that all of the questions you will have have already been answered more than once on this site.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

420a-TnthewerksMay-03-06 12:38 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#94840, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 5
May-03-06 12:48 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Just looked at the site.. it says "Combine this manifold with out Turbos and make yourself a very nice kit." So I looked at their turbo's for sale and saw they have a "T3/T4" turbo, so yes, I'd assume you can use that manifold for your preffered T3/T4.

1997TalonNTMay-03-06 01:03 PM
5 posts,
#94841, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 6
May-03-06 01:06 PM by 1997TalonNT

its for the 420a non turbos, i am aware their car's engines are completely different im not postive on the exact differences except their cars come turbo and have AWD instead of FWD, our non turbos are based on the chrysler 420a while the turbos are based on the mitsubishi 4g63 engine, belive me u guys are far superior when it comes to knowledge of the 420a compared to me, i only know bits and pieces and will continue research to get up to speed.........in terms of what turbos i can use with the manifold i plan on contacting the site and asking what i can exactly use on their manifold

GSGoinFastMay-03-06 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
#94842, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 7

http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181134

That should give you some more insight on turboing our cars.

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

420a-TnthewerksMay-03-06 01:13 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#94843, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 7

its for the 420a non turbos, i am aware their car's engines are completely different im not postive on the exact differences except their cars come turbo and have AWD instead of FWD, our non turbos are based on the chrysler 420a while the turbos are based on the mitsubishi 4g63 engine, belive me u guys are far superior when it comes to knowledge of the 420a compared to me, i only know bits and pieces and will continue research to get up to speed

Yeah, I edited awhile ago ^^

in terms of what turbos i can use with the manifold i plan on contacting the site and asking what i can exactly use on their manifold

Good idea.

1997TalonNTMay-03-06 01:20 PM
5 posts,
#94844, "RE: Manifolds and turbos"
In response to Reply # 8

"And if you were to buy a Star or Hahn kit you would just end up replacing most of the parts anyway."

^im just curious on why that is

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #94831 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic