Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109262
View in threaded mode

Subject: "turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningApr-15-12 09:09 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109262, "turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"

So ive installed my Turbo and manifold. I clocked the turbo pointing twords the radiator. I then installed the Radiator, and discovered, theres no room for the IC piping to come off the compressor housing..

Logically, i thought ill aim it down more to make space. this doesnt work due tot he comp housing starts to touch my starter and water pipe.

O1: i cam up with this option, however i dont like it , as it seems the compressor housing/IC pipe would be exposed directly to the manifolds heat..

O2: this is the other postion i came up with, its still right in the heat path.. and may require a hel of a bend to get the ic pipe out to the open..

03: im wondering if i can run a 1/2 radiator. i know that i can per bullets wiki (Thanks Dave), however, Im wanting to know if i coupd fit a 1/2 rad, and not clip the turbo, would i run into any over heating issues?

im also wondering what, besides the heat concerns, would be present if i ran the other to IC options.

looking for imput or possible other solutions im missing. Thanks guys

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gruff511Apr-15-12 10:06 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109263, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you have a pic of as far downfacing as it will go?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrApr-15-12 10:31 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#109264, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Gruff511
Do you have a pic of as far downfacing as it will go?

Yes I was wondering the same thing!

Last of a dying breed...

TurbchargdSpydrApr-15-12 10:34 PM
159 posts,
#109265, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 2

Okay I see the issue now, I guess the only thing you can do is try to point it down as much as possible, such that it is pointing between the floor and the radiator. I guess grab a 45 degree coupler and that will aim it down for you! You will deff have to get skinny fans...if your lucky you can fit one between the turbo and the radiator...

Last of a dying breed...

streetlightningApr-16-12 07:10 AM
778 posts,
#109266, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-16-12 07:12 AM by streetlightning

the 1st pic is about as far "down pointing" as it will go. I have pusher fans on the front, so those arnt a concern.

Its v-banded, so a silicone hose probably isn't the answer here. I cant seem to fit piping in if i tried for pics 1 and 2, thus why i went to option 2 and 3. i at least have some room to get out, but idk if they make an extremely tight radius-ed 120* 2.5" IC pipe.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Slo2gApr-16-12 09:01 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#109267, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 4

IMO your best option here is to dent the water pipe and cut that vband off and weld an elbow on, then the vband if you wanted to keep it.or go with the scirroco radiator.

streetlightningApr-16-12 09:16 AM
778 posts,
#109268, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-16-12 09:27 AM by streetlightning

i may expore that! thx.
Also keep in mind its the water pipe and starter thats keeping me from clocking.. i removed the water pipe to see what that would get me and, it gets me a degree or 2.. not much.. its the dam starter..

Is there a smaller starter? its the silinoid on top that im hitting..

the VW rad is a kool idea, however, the bottom neck is on the pass side and that may be difficult wot work around seing as the DP will be in that area.

DstachApr-16-12 09:28 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#109269, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-16-12 09:29 AM by Dstach

Don't dent the water pipe. Cut it back further, clean it ALOT!! inside and out. Fabricate it to side closer to the block and wrap is in some heat wrap ( header kind should work). Then you keep the nice v band and an point it down more.

Oh watch the starter. Your gonna need the pipe to go down some to avoid it.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

streetlightningApr-16-12 09:44 AM
778 posts,
#109270, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 7

id like to avoid heat wrapping the manifold.. and cutting the water pipe wont help because the starter then gets in the way, removing the water pipe from the situation only gives me ~ 2 degrees, i need way more then that.. i think that a smaller starter or perhaps loosing the vband and welding an elbow on are my options : /

TurbchargdSpydrApr-16-12 12:03 PM
159 posts,
#109271, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 8

Alright this setup might look very silly/strange but it could possibly work...clock up, 90 degree coupler facing the driver side, 90 degree pipe to aim the air flow down, straight coupler and another 90 degree pipe and now the air flow is aiming towards your passenger side, you know the rest from there...

Last of a dying breed...

streetlightningApr-16-12 12:33 PM
778 posts,
#109272, "RE: turbo clocking/ IC piping routing issue"
In response to Reply # 9

thats almost what option 1 is, the one located above the manifold. if i do that, then i may endup with hood issues..

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109262 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic