Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #88764
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
maddogprSep-06-05 11:37 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2005
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88764, "Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."

a friend of mine sent me this picture, which is obviously a very bad photoshop work, probably mspaint, but nonetheless, the black cover under the bumper looks amazing, for some reason.

I was wondering, if this is an actual available part, or if it's just taken out from other car (rx8,rx7,supra, whatever).

I'm actually considering building it myself, if its not available.

if someone has any links, info, how is it called? under-cover? rear splash cover? whatever.

thanksss

------------------------
AEM CAI
TestPipe
Headers 4-1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
EvMan2345Sep-06-05 11:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88765, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 0

I highly doubt thats available for us- definitely a shop off another car

Evan B
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

reevesoSep-06-05 01:19 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
#88767, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 1

i dunno..but i agree that pic. does look kinda sick..for some reason tho i think it'd come out looking weird in person

***Ebay intake w/ injen filter, 55mm TB, Thermal R&D 2.5" Catback, F & R upper strut bars
**Waiting to be installed: Hurricane GS lower tie bars, AFX UDP
*Next on the list- Tokico Illumina Shock/Spring kit

BuckNuttySep-06-05 01:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#88768, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 2

that looks like the center exhaust work off a porsche and the cheap glue on exhaust holes you can get at auto zone.

If done correctly, on the right car, with all the right looking things i think it might look aight. Personally, though, few cars can pull off the center exhaust...and an eclipse just isn't one of them.

SpreadEagleSep-06-05 02:09 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#88769, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 3

Definately some potential there, ImportFan makes a rear diffuser for our cars that I've been dying to see a pic of actually mounted on a car. The only pix they have of it make it kind of hard to tell how it would look. Might be something cool for Talon owners to do with thier rears if they don't want to convert to Eclipse tail lights.

eclipse982nrRSTSep-06-05 02:37 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#88770, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 4

OH AH EH ....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

dsmmythSep-06-05 02:46 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#88773, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by maddogpr
the black cover under the bumper looks amazing, for some reason.

Ehh, the proper term is diffuser. But that's a little much for me in my opinion.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

BumpinTalonSep-06-05 03:07 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#88774, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 6

I kinda like it, and really want one the importfan one, that is

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Moderatorcs82685Sep-06-05 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#88776, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 7

I WANT THE QUAD PIPES COMING OUT THE BUMPER!!!!

j/k

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

96rs-tSep-06-05 03:39 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#88778, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 8

that shit looks freaken awesome. I would definitely get it, if i made my car look like that. Gives the rear a major aggressive look, and it would be awesome haveing the tailpipes like that, instead of having a huge as muffler sticking out. Clean look.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

96eclipse2nrSep-06-05 05:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#88779, "RE: Cool looks for the rear bumper? look at this pic."
In response to Reply # 9

very interesting...so i had to do some chops. no offense but those were so horrid chops..most likley done in MS paint. here are a few of my renderings. if i were to go aftermarket id probably consider this mod.

render 1 simple DT mounted in center

render 2 dual exhaust

render 3 porche boxster tip turned upside down

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #88764 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic