Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101664
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Latest pics of my car" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxAug-20-08 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101664, "Latest pics of my car"
Aug-20-08 05:27 PM by Tuxdreamerx

I just went ahead and started a new thread for my car pictures I hope thats ok the old thread is starting to get too big and hard to navigate through. Anyways I gave my car a wash and took some more pics. The rims still need some more cleaning they have some caked on break dust and I have some SOS pads for that.

P.S. Thats the small ass garage I rebuilt this car in. It sucked.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Flipboi89Aug-20-08 06:26 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101665, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 0

hmm ok well first gj on it all lol

im not a fan of body kits. but just my opinion. and you should of painted over the center tailight would be better looking i think. liking the blue alot i can see the shine in it.

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DanKidAug-20-08 07:08 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101667, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Flipboi89
im not a fan of body kits. but just my opinion.

Have to agree with flipboi. I'm not a fan either. Your car looks unbalanced with those huge bumpers and no side skirts. IMO the car would look way better with stock tails and stock 97-99 bumpers and side skirts and the whole car painted that blue color. The blue engine block looks nice.

TuxdreamerxAug-20-08 07:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#101668, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 2

Lol I need side skirts I know. The body kit is staying I like it personally. I am still debating on doing something with the center tail light. I plan on getting the car repainted that same blue and doing away with the white. Thats just the paint job that was on the car. I am pretty happy with the car so far, Everyone likes it. Except this one guy that hates 4 cylinders. He said 4 bangers are pieces of shit and I said whatever my gas mileage is better lol.

foggy45Aug-21-08 05:02 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#101670, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 3

nice,
definatly go with a solid color all around man

as for the tails, i thought that a color matched center with "true" clear sides would look good, but then i looked at it and it just didnt flow. one other option would be black all the way across, but with the lack of other carbon fibre on the car id shy away from it

once you get all blue then id go back to classic tails for a very clean look especially since you have the bomex rear you dont want to go too wild back there.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

RoninEclipse2GAug-21-08 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#101671, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 3

Looking better tux. you need to adjust your hood stops. that thing is sitting too low, just from the photos I can tell that it sits about 1/8-1/4in below the top edge of the fenders.

I will agree with the others, I don't care much for the kit but that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it I used to like body kits but I've grown out of them (getting old does that to you)

what really matters is that you like it because it's your car, not ours

Get some skirts! I know you've been looking at 2Ga skirts but I can tell you that they won't come out low enough to match the body lines on the kit.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinAug-21-08 05:53 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#101674, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah tux, stock sideskirts arent gonna do it for that car!

TuxdreamerxAug-21-08 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#101675, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 6

Ok so should I just get some sideskirts that go to that kit? And the blue car in that pic is NICE. Oh and I adjusted the hood, It looks much better now lol.

foggy45Aug-21-08 11:11 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#101676, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 7

the side skirts on the blue car that i posted are the bomex ones.
or you could mold an underbody tray with the 2ga's out Carbon/kevlar and make . . . damn why i give out my secrets

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

lild14Aug-22-08 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#101683, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 8

heres my opinion. right now that car is ugly as fuck. but when you do repaint it a solid color it will look more decent but IMO that body just does not flow well b ut each to his own. if you like it then great. now....if it were me id either put on body OR a buddy club 2. my two cents. but please get it repainted soon oh..and not diggin the tails.

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

dalesmitsuAug-22-08 07:22 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#101684, "RE: Latest pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by lild14
heres my opinion. right now that car is ugly as fuck. but when you do repaint it a solid color it will look more decent but IMO that body just does not flow well b ut each to his own. if you like it then great. now....if it were me id either put on body OR a buddy club 2. my two cents. but please get it repainted soon oh..and not diggin the tails.

Lose the body kit put 2g rear 97-99 front end looks much better. \

I bet you copied that two tone paint job from a guy on Myspace. I have him on my top 8 his 2g is a turbo'd 420a.

Blackout your tails, Euro tail too ricy.
I had a set returned back to the store, cause of that plus didn't want to bring alot of attention to myself. Ppl check my car out all the time, so thats why I keep it stock.
I do plan on going turbo either w/ 2.0 or 2.4 with Mtx swap,but its gonna be hard to tell if I have a FMIC.

Put a bypass valve on your CAI, It does work I have one on my INJEN CAI, Summit has it 40 bucks.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101664 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic