Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #86064
View in threaded mode

Subject: "new paint job burn me if you want" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
knight ryda 99Jun-09-05 07:23 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2005
331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86064, "new paint job burn me if you want"

Flat Black, Yes that is correct, I want to repaint my car flat black. I think it looks kinda stealthy. Plus it gives the car a don't mess with me look. Now let the fire begin.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
whttalon95Jun-09-05 07:27 AM
Member since May 29th 2005
68 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86066, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 0

What color is your car now?

-03 Eclipse GT-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

knight ryda 99Jun-09-05 07:41 AM
331 posts,
#86067, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 1

Black with metallic blue and silver flames.

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-09-05 07:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#86068, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 2

So this is the new trend?

I don't get any car magazines but someone said that is where this all started.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

420a-TnthewerksJun-09-05 07:48 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#86069, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
So this is the new trend? I don't get any car magazines but someone said that is where this all started.

That's what everybody says.. but I have NEVER seen a car painted flat black around here, or with my own eye's anywhere. Everybody acts like "everybody does it", but really, how many have you seen?

I say do it if you want if there's not any around your area.

ScreaminEJun-09-05 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#86070, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 3

yes flat black is what all the cool kids are doing these days. I must say that I like it on older budget cars that a paint job on would be worthless or if your doing bodywork and planning on painting later on down the line. Black primer looks way cooler than your gray or green primer or sealer. I am in the process of removing a crap ton of surface rust from my corolla and I have plans on painting it flat black primer because it does look cool for cheap. But on a 2g??? come on man, our cars are newer and nicer than some hacked up 240 or corolla. Dont do it man

knight ryda 99Jun-09-05 07:52 AM
331 posts,
#86071, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 3

It was Import tuner, and I wanted to do this way before they ever did it to the wrx. I just never had the testicular fortitude until 10 minutes ago to actually do it. It's going to be flat black or urban camo, I don't know yet

knight ryda 99Jun-09-05 07:54 AM
331 posts,
#86072, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 6

By the way I just removed the park bench wing I had, and yes I did feel a noticable decrease in power.

AggressionJun-09-05 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#86073, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 7

whats with all the self ownage all the sudden?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

WIDECLIPSEJun-09-05 08:48 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#86075, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 8

It was sport compact car and it's your car who cares what everyone else thinks. Instead of a "I'm painting my car so flame me" thread, you should have made a "I just painted my car, here are some pics" thread.

-Roman

knight ryda 99Jun-09-05 12:39 PM
331 posts,
#86076, "RE: new paint job burn me if you want"
In response to Reply # 9

haven't done it yet. I'm lazy. As for the self ownage, I needed a good laugh, so bam there it went.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #86064 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic