Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68028
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
CarbonFiberRSTMar-03-04 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68028, "Poll question: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"

Also state your honest opinion, I won't cry. I promise.

Poll result (40 votes)
Paint it, its ricey (31 votes)Vote
Don't paint it, its racey (9 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ShockeclipseMar-03-04 07:32 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68029, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 0

I say paint it. Cf is beautiful and all but it just looks unfinished on a red car imo.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TXrepresentMar-03-04 07:45 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
#68031, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 1

I say paint it. I'm wondering, don't they make red carbon fiber anyways? I'm sure I've seen it before.

BuckNuttyMar-03-04 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#68032, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 2

i say paint it, but leave a design or the section around the vents unpainted. Or jus say fuggit and replace all teh panels with carbon fiber :p

EricBss7Mar-03-04 08:02 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2003
407 posts,
#68033, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 3

I say paint the fenders but leave the hood. Other than that looks good imo.

EvMan2345Mar-03-04 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#68034, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 4

paint fenders, but leave vents CF, leave hood CF as well...
Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

BlizareMar-03-04 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#68035, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 5

Leave the hood for sure. Those front fenders look HORRIBLE IMO. Paint them red but maybe leave the carbon fiber around the wheelwell edge or something....that might look phat. It just looks outta place. Put those CF fenders on my Black car then they'd look mint.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

EclipseRacer82Mar-03-04 12:14 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2003
85 posts,
#68059, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 6

Definitely paint the fenders, leave the hood, carbon fiber is nice but too much of it on your exterior is a bit ricey IMO. But nice ride overall.

Rate my car here http://www.cardomain.com/id/eclipseracer82

SitinloMar-03-04 03:26 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
#68070, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 0

IMO i would spray a red candy over it and call it red carbon fiber. My hood looks good when i sprayed an oriental blue candy from house of color on it. It changed the color of the cf to blu

H82BLEGLMar-03-04 03:37 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
309 posts,
#68072, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree spray candy red that's what's up, if you wanted to paint it you should have stayed with your oem parts in the 1st place,be unique in your own way if not i'll trade your stuff for my stock??

TONY...

SpreadEagleMar-03-04 03:49 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#68078, "RE: Should I paint the carbon fiber or leave it?"
In response to Reply # 0

My opinion, don't paint it, I actually saw your car for the first time a couple hours in your sig in another thread and it knocked me out, I love it. It's unique, and the black wheels pull it all together. You spent the money on the fenders, show em off.

95ESI-cai,borla,sportlines,kyb,tsw
more on the way

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68028 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic