Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #62675
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Blacked out talilights..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaNov-29-03 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62675, "Blacked out talilights..."

...where do you go to get it done or how can I do it myslef.

Info?
Websites?
material?
Anything else I've forgotten

Thanx

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
injendsmNov-29-03 07:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62676, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 0

i just saw this thing on www.modernperformance.com called nightshade tint spray or something to that effect. anyway, they had a pic of a clear corner that they used the stuff on and it came out good imo. its like 8 or 9 bux and i plan on buying some of that stuff soon. if i get it before you do, i will let you know how it works. if this isnt what you are looking for then my bad.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

insiderGSNov-29-03 07:56 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
188 posts,
#62680, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 1

^^^ is a pic of my tails. I used Nite Shades tint spray and put 3 layers on them. You could go darker but I already have problems with the cops around here. Anyways, I bought it at the show in Carlisle this past year. It's very ease to do and looks bad ass IMO.

ps. I also did the reverse lights if you didn't notice

Old Car - Fully Built and Turbo'd 95 GS
1996 Mustang Cobra - Bassani, Steeda, Magnaflow, Tokico
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Daily Driver

BuckNuttyNov-29-03 09:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#62685, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 2

nite shades here too...good shit IMO

injendsmNov-30-03 04:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#62689, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 3

damn i was wondering what you guys were using. im definately gonna buy a couple cans of that stuff soo

www.gregsorrells.com

scirioNov-30-03 07:41 AM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#62694, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 4

But dont you loose the shiny-ness of the actual lens. and cant you scratch it off? I want to tint my clear tails a bit but I want them to still look glossy and know that it wont come off when I scrub em clean. Do you have to know how to spray well to put this stuff on or does it coat evenly when you do it.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

turbo8uNov-30-03 07:48 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#62695, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 5

hey skrilla, i have some of that shit with me. u can use it but u gotta cruise down. i have some transparent red tail paint for that ugly orange section on the talon taillights. i painted mine candle apple red and did a light fog with the vht nighstades and chearcoated. it lookes SO FUCKIN SICK, muhaha

so stoked on my taillights now

call me up sucka, im in dana point
949-295-2914
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.

"drugs have taught an entire generation of american kids the metric system. "

BuckNuttyNov-30-03 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#62699, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 6

it goes on like spray paint. If you can paint an interior piece then you can do this. It also stays on very well....i haven't had any probs of it scratching off and i have cleaned my car a bunch of times since then.

injendsmNov-30-03 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#62700, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 7

how many cans should i get if i plan on tinting the tailights, bumper lenses, and reverse lenses?

www.gregsorrells.com

insiderGSNov-30-03 11:45 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
188 posts,
#62701, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 8

I didn't have any problems with it scraping off or coming off when I wash the car. Also, I did my tails, reverse lights, and a friends reverse lights and still have some of the can left. I would say 1 can should be fine, 2 to be sure.

Old Car - Fully Built and Turbo'd 95 GS
1996 Mustang Cobra - Bassani, Steeda, Magnaflow, Tokico
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Daily Driver

BuckNuttyNov-30-03 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#62702, "RE: Blacked out talilights..."
In response to Reply # 9

i would get 2....always good to have extra...My tails took like three quarters of a can...good luck and post up some pics mang

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #62675 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic