Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103563
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New Pics.... Tinted Tails" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 04:54 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103563, "New Pics.... Tinted Tails"

What's up guys, I just got a job at Advanced Auto Parts(a huge step up from the pawn shop aka hell) and they carry VHT products. Well yesterday we got in some new products and Nite Shades happened to be one of them. I quickly grabbed two cans (one for my car and one for my girls) not realizing one can would probably do both cars...

Ended up costing $10 a can after my employee discount. The finished product(plus pics of my system as well):

(the amp for my highs)

the beast

I LOVE the outcome of the tails. I used two light coats and some touch ups to even out the opacity.

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
RoninEclipse2GJun-02-09 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103565, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 0

outside looks great

the tails came out very nice.

you need to remount your stereo deck properly, the factory mounts have spots to bolt right to the deck, you'll lose the trimring because the deck will sit back farther and it wont fit but everything will look much cleaner.

IMO you should clean up the trunk area a bit, mount the amps and box better.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 06:48 PM
199 posts,
#103568, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 1

that would be lovely if the jackass that broke into my car didn't rip the mount points out of it.

Thanks for the compliments man.

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-09 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103569, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 2

I'll give you my interior mounts and such from my parts car after I get the dash out if you want them for the cost of shipping. new brackets cost ~$10 at the dealer.

theives piss me the fuck off.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

eclipse982nrRSTJun-02-09 07:09 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#103570, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 3

Those look sexy. I love shaded 2gnt tails, thats why I did mine last year.

I also like the 2gnt lettering, where did you pick up the letters from?

Also, I gotta get me some of those Kanye style shades!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

420agreenvilleSCJun-02-09 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#103571, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRSTI love shaded 2gnt tails, thats why I did mine last year. I also like the 2gnt lettering, where did you pick up the letters from?

x2

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ThePerfectShiftJun-02-09 09:52 PM
199 posts,
#103574, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks guys....
I got the lettering from Auto Zone. In the same aisle as the stupid stick on fender vents. They were like a buck a piece.

eclipserstturboJun-02-09 09:56 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#103576, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 2

Ditto, that looks sick. I think I might have to take the altezzas off and do my stock tails like that. How did you get everything (car especially and did you clear the tails or is that just the two shades of VHT) so fucking shiny? It's pissing me off. Mine looks like it doesn't even have the first coat of clear compared to yours. VERY NICE! Keep up the good work.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

red95eclipseJun-02-09 10:11 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2008
59 posts,
#103577, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 7

Yea looks great just watch out for the cops. I had mine professionally done and all it does is give them another reason to pull you over. I used the same stuff you did at first and they were too dark.

ThePerfectShiftJun-03-09 12:27 AM
199 posts,
#103580, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 7

naw i didn't clear over them, that's just how they turned out. I took the pictures not too long after I applied the tint so it may possibly get a little more matte once dried over night but so far they're pretty damn glossy.

wordsarizeJun-03-09 01:03 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2008
16 posts,
#103586, "RE: New Pics.... Tinted Tails"
In response to Reply # 9

looks very nice.. im plannin to do that too wit mine... but wit the actual tint material since my boy got some

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103563 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic