Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57839
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSSep-23-03 08:57 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57839, "Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"

Yeah, well I figured that painting my seats black would help, now they just look cheap. Whats a good place to get front seat covers from for CHEAP. Katskin seats are too much. I recall seeing some good neoprene ones like 4 months ago they were black and yellow I think... I liked those but I don't recall where they were from... help me out PLEASE. And I want ones that fit OEM ya know, not some generic ones.

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MotoFoolSep-23-03 09:34 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57841, "RE: Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

call katskinz and get new vinyl or leather skins (to be sewn on...)

you can pick two or more colors if you like...

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jerseystyle1Sep-23-03 10:23 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#57849, "RE: Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"
In response to Reply # 1

Obviously missed the part where he mentioned katskinz being way to much!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

EclipseRacer82Sep-23-03 03:44 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2003
85 posts,
#57866, "RE: Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

If you want your interior to look good dont get cheap seat covers. Friend of mine has so called "universal" fit and they look like crap. He got them from JC whitney (big problem in the first place) and was overcharged and got a terrible product. Theres a site called i think customseatcovers.com (just type custom seat covers into yahoo search and itll come right up), even though they're kinda hefty priced (approx 300 plus free shipping) they fit really nice. They're made to fit OEM and thats what my friend ended up getting. They look great, much better than universal fit, plus you can get them in neoprene, velour, and some kinda vinyl material. They not only cover your seats but other things like the middle compartment so everything blends in real well. I just wouldnt recommend getting cheap seat covers because you'll be very dissatisfied.

sinesis333Sep-23-03 10:22 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2002
474 posts,
#57891, "RE: Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-23-03 10:22 PM by sinesis333

did you paint them, or dye them? You said paint, but that sounds weird to me. I have talked to a few people who've dyed their interiors with great results. Just need to find the right stuff.

~E~ 1999gs
AEM C.A.I./GS-T exhaust/Magnecore wires/Iridium Ngk's/Custom mesh Grill/Upper F/R strut tower bars/TB bored to 55mm/AFX UDP

808dsmtunerSep-23-03 11:00 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
#57892, "RE: Seat Covers.... our seat design is ugly.....HELP"
In response to Reply # 4

whats so wrong with painiting lots of people on here did it i just did my seats in black with a blue satin middle

hawaii boy

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #57839 Previous topic | Next topic