Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #92333
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Secret compartment in the center console..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
snufalufagus040Feb-06-06 02:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92333, "Secret compartment in the center console..."

HA! I'm so blind... I've had my '99 GS almost 4 years now, and I just NOW saw the secret door inside the top of the center console lid! I had the whole console off because I'm cutting out part of the bottom and installing an RCA switcher (since I'll have a backup camera and Alpine TV tuner going in and only one video in).

Stereo install here:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11904&mesg_id=11904&page=

Man I'm retarded...

Anyone else never see it before?

http://www.snuFaluFagus.com --- electronic music made by me - hard house, drum and bass, trip hop, metal, breaks, etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
R34EclipseFeb-06-06 02:49 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92334, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 0

seen it, but i occasionally put my wallet there and then forget about it, and am like WTF! and then remember the pocket up there =)
-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a
-----------------------------------

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRFeb-06-06 02:49 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#92335, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 0

Yea its pretty cool, I use to hide my rubbers in there along with insurance and registration and shit.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

reevesoFeb-06-06 02:53 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
#92336, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 2

i dunno what your talking about lol...u mean the lid as in the place where u put ur elbow?..b/c i dont even have 1 in mine if thast what u mean

Blk95GSFeb-06-06 02:59 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#92337, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 3

2 packs of cigs fill it nicely.

Teamdougie2Feb-06-06 03:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#92338, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 0

Love it! That compartment saved my ass one time when the popo searched my car. I put my shit in there and they completely overlooked it.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

edxmonFeb-06-06 03:38 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#92339, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 5

yup, im lost too.which compartment are you guys talking about? ashtray? cup holder? armrest comp.? the one under the stereo(non-factory)? which!?

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

EclipseTenzoRFeb-06-06 03:45 PM
2386 posts,
#92340, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-06-06 03:47 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Go out to your car, lift up the armrest.. Now look at the inside of the door that you just opened. There is a plast flap pull it down.. and there and behold hidden compartment.

Edit: By the way me like the other guy had said it took me 2 years also to relize it was there.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

DarkEclips96Feb-06-06 03:48 PM
Member since May 23rd 2005
399 posts,
#92341, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 7

So this wont apply to us RS guys lol.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

EclipseTenzoRFeb-06-06 04:08 PM
2386 posts,
#92342, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 8

Probably not. Most rs eclipse never came with the armrest.. If you have an armrest then check it.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

shazow1969Feb-06-06 05:04 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#92343, "RE: Secret compartment in the center console..."
In response to Reply # 9

I want an Arm rest anyone have a spare laying around they are willing to part with? PM me if you do.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #92333 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic