Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101138
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Custom headliner is ez (pics)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
ezMay-13-08 04:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101138, "Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
May-13-08 04:43 PM by ez

My headliner started to sag so it was time for a fixin'. Took me less than an hour to take out the headliner and prep it, and that includes the walk to ACE hardware to pick up the adhesive. I removed the existing fabric (it almost fell off by itself) and rubbed off all the foam on the headliner. The foam was almost like powder - it comes off the headliner really easy - and you should do it so that you won't have to deal with your new headliner sagging again later. I used the 3M adhesive made for car interiors. This is the adhesive that comes out like a string, not hairspray, and is what seems to work best for others.

Used a little over 42" of some fabric I had left over from my curtains. It has a red sheen that turns black at an angle - works well with my black/red theme. It has a natural wrinkle to it - which I needed because it would make f-ups look intentional. Sprayed most of the can onto the headliner and then applied the fabric after about 5 minutes. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 5, doing a headliner is a 0, except for the ocean breeze that picked up as soon as I was trying to put the fabric down for the first time. I'm letting it dry right now so no pics of it installed.

Negative points to whoever says this belongs in an impala. Or a coffin The ladies will like it IMO

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
susafussMay-13-08 05:49 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101139, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 0

I saw a similar fabric at the store the other day when i picked up some felt for my buddies car, i was wondering how it would look. Please take lots of pics when it is in i think i might do it as well(i also has a red and black them going).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665May-14-08 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#101143, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 1

Impala nothing. That's got CUTLASS written all over it, Dr.Z.

A nice project, though.

Styles.May-14-08 08:29 AM
Member since May 05th 2007
59 posts,
#101144, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks great how long did it take?

eclipse982nrRSTMay-14-08 10:16 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#101145, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 0
May-14-08 10:16 AM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by ez
Or a coffin The ladies will like it IMO

Eh, whenever I die, if they use that in my coffin, I will be pissed.

Since your looking for opinions, I dont like it at all.

But I give an A for effort.

Love me or hate me now, you know had one of these comments coming.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ezMay-14-08 10:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#101146, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by ez Or a coffin The ladies will like it IMO
I dont like it at all.

Actually you were the one single person I expected most to not like it. You usually don't like things, ha ha - search the archives for "I don't like", "hate it", "not what I would do" and I bet your name comes up the most

ezMay-14-08 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#101147, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 3

From initial removal to reinstall, less than 2 hours.

eclipse982nrRSTMay-14-08 10:42 AM
6314 posts,
#101148, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by ez
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by ez Or a coffin The ladies will like it IMO
I dont like it at all.
Actually you were the one single person I expected most to not like it. You usually don't like things, ha ha - search the archives for "I don't like", "hate it", "not what I would do" and I bet your name comes up the most

Haha, your silly.

I just dont think that material belongs in a 2g.

I mean, you did say it was left over from some curtains right? lol.

I think your car is extremely clean looking and I like your red/black scheme, but I personally dont think that goes good on a headliner for an Eclipse.

Like you mentioned, maybe for an older impala or something.

I still love ya.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ezMay-14-08 01:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#101150, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 7

He he, cool.

I installed it this morning, and it actually looks much cooler in the car because it's much more black. It's only in the direct sun that it looks so red. I'll get some pics up for you guys shortly.

I'm slowly doing the 2gnt/impala conversion...

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-15-08 02:48 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#101152, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 8

Shit Vato, that going to look pimp. You should cover the seats too Esse......

eclipse982nrRSTMay-15-08 03:08 AM
6314 posts,
#101153, "RE: Custom headliner is ez (pics)"
In response to Reply # 9

Damn son, are those Dayton's?

http://imageshack.us>
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9813/dddspsdfg3.9fcbfa3d11

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #101138 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic